Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 22nd-25th Winter Storm Potential

Thundersnow12

On 1/20/2020 at 8:35 AM, IWXwx said:

Kitchen sink combo here with a total of 0.8" between melts. The 2019-20 winter storm trend continues. Final call.

Alek isn't the only one on here that can nail it from 5 days out, thanks to Jackstraw's "reach around".

EDIT: It has snowed for 9 straight hours to this point and still coming down lightly. You don't see that too often, especially with less than an inch of total accumulation.

IMG_0223.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IWXwx said:

Alek isn't the only one on here that can nail it from 5 days out, thanks to Jackstraw's "reach around".

EDIT: It has snowed for 9 straight hours to this point and still coming down lightly. You don't see that too often, especially with less than an inch of total accumulation.

Good call.  I wasn't touching this one with 10ft pole, not like I'm good at calls anyway.  honestly wasn't expecting to see any fluff 5 days ago.  There's been a consistent 1-2 degree temp differential between the thermometer on the roof line and the one on the ground the last 48 hours with the ground actually the warmer, complete flip flop from the last system.  Thought I had it to close to the dryer vent at first lol.  It's still -SN here too, about the same accumulation wise.  We couldn't get a band to setup like this one for this long when it's 25 degrees out to save our butts.  You know it's bad when the backside comes through and it's 50 in Nebraska lol.

• Like 2

Guest ovweather

I'm just a casual bystander to the forum and rarely post, but I have to say posters like Alek are what make the Lakes / Ohio Valley forum fun to read. That Buckeye guy, too.

1 hour ago, ovweather said:

I'm just a casual bystander to the forum and rarely post, but I have to say posters like Alek are what make the Lakes / Ohio Valley forum fun to read. That Buckeye guy, too.

check in with those boys when Louisville is ground zero....... 

• Haha 3

We have had fat snowflakes falling off and on all night long and absolutely no accumulation, just adding to the wetness. Temperatures and dew points not budging from the mid 30s. It feels like a damp April cold snap. Still lots of piles and snow banks everywhere, but grass starting to show up & overall snow depth a saturated, ripe, squishy 1".

• Sad 1