• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12

12/10-11/19 Potential Valley Wide Snow Event.

Just now, Dsty2001 said:

What I want to know is why do they keep increasing the totals in the SWS but not bite the bullet and issue a WWA?  1-2 inches is advisory level snow in the valley no?

They've decided to go down with the ship at this point. I have met winter storm warning criteria at this point with nothing.  

• Like 1

Not sure of that snow in NW Alabama is hitting the ground or if it's going to be able to roll into Tennessee or not.  
I believe you may be correct, I had a decent burst of nice flakes earlier but have since died down to dry small flakes, think the dry air is starting to inject now at least at my location.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, ShawnEastTN said:

I believe you may be correct, I had a decent burst of nice flakes earlier but have since died down to dry small flakes, think the dry air is starting to inject now at least at my location.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The temp dropping will also affect flake size. My heaviest snow of the day was after I went from half dollars to nickels.  Per Huntsville NWS they say that band will give Florence an inch.  Its aimed at the Plateau and points east if it can overcome the drying. 

6 minutes ago, Dsty2001 said:

What I want to know is why do they keep increasing the totals in the SWS but not bite the bullet and issue a WWA?  1-2 inches is advisory level snow in the valley no?

My guess is that they think the roads are warm enough to not freeze over too bad.  We'll see. 

Knox county will probably send the kids to school on a two hour delay, which mine will be super pumped about.

1 minute ago, VOLtage said:

I can't wrap my mind around why NWS Morristown hasn't at least issued an advisory.

How did that last band hit Maryville, any sticking to roads?

Under a heavier band at the moment. It’s borderline ripping right now. Quarter to half dollar sized flakes. Biggest flakes of the day here for sure. Temp has dropped to 30.

• Like 2

Just spoke to my parents in Erwin. Few flakes but that’s it. Not much else. Much of the county has been dry-slotted all evening. Looks like the same has occurred in Carter and Johnson Counties as well. 

Makes that map even funnier. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

How did that last band hit Maryville, any sticking to roads?

Not any yet (at least where I live). But there's a solid inch in the grass, and it doesn't seem to be letting up any time soon.

3 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Its really interesting how the back side keeps regenerating precip. My line was at 730pm

Maybe the plateau is working some magic.  Funneling the moisture up the valley while blocking some of the dry air.  I dunno, but radar has been fun to watch tonight.

• Like 2

Just now, Stovepipe said:

Maybe the plateau is working some magic.  Funneling the moisture up the valley while blocking some of the dry air.  I dunno, but radar has been fun to watch tonight.

I was actually thinking the same thing Stove! The plateau can hold up the cold, maybe it could also hold up the dry air?

• Like 1

The road in front of my house in the bluegrass area of west knox is just wet.  My outdoor digital thermometer is busted but the mercury is showing under 30 here, maybe 28.  Airport still showing 33 lol.  3/4 inch on the deck.

6 minutes ago, VOLtage said:

Any sticking up there in Knoxville?

• Like 1