• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

3 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I noticed the temps for saturday and sunday keep going lower and lower...the Euro might be on to something

Type of storm where Bristol mountain could get 12” while lake shorelines receive a slushy 1-2”. It’s a perfect track for BIG snow in ROC. We just need to shave a couple off the 850 and hope the whole thing doesn’t cut west too soon. 

Just want to throw this out to see how it verifies time wise. HRRR for the past few runs has been very consistent in forming a second band on a WSW flow behind the cold front pushing that band onshore. Nothing crazy and that one drops south in 1-2 hours as well but could be more impactful for the PM commute and add a little icing to our totals on the south side of the metro.

a70c4f5c96b87db41c8a16803a379a63.jpg

2d8aee26a853461056ad2b57d98e1add.jpg

13 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:
So it's interesting how the band isn't sweeping south but it appears the connection was lost and the band is realigning itself more than sweeping...its trajectory is on a bullseye with the metro.

9b175ca6d2c3491e8c8e4087f59b3928.jpg

This should be fun. Dual bands lining up on a SW flow... Just me guessing here we see the southern band slow down just a bit then explode over the metro in the next hour and get shoved on shore pretty quickly. Northern band is more narrow moderate snow sets up around the city and does a more slow sink south.

2 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

9b175ca6d2c3491e8c8e4087f59b3928.jpg

This should be fun. Dual bands lining up on a SW flow... Just me guessing here we see the southern band slow down just a bit then explode over the metro in the next hour and get shoved on shore pretty quickly. Northern band is more narrow moderate snow sets up around the city and does a more slow sink south.

It does have that dual stream look to it already and the band width is wider than earlier by a good 10 miles or so. 

20 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Agreed! Him and Steve McLaughlin were best 2 mets BUF have had for lake effect forecasting. Wish Steve posted weather blurbs on social media to follow these days.

I did a tour with Steve back in the day at the NWS, was fantastic. I stayed there for 2 hours asking him a million questions. 

• Weenie 1