• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Greenmachine1123
    Newest Member
    Greenmachine1123

E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2019 OBS Thread

0.27" of rain with our 1st rain event of the week.  2.87" so far this month which is 0.73" above normal here in NW Chester County PA. We are now at 26.51" of w.e. so far this year which is 123% of normal through today.

Through today the Philly burbs have not seen a 90+ day - however the PHL airport has already seen one such day. To highlight the PHL Airport heat island effect - while Philly averages 21 days of 90+ in a normal summer season....here in the NW suburbs of Philly we have only experienced 3 years in the last 20 years of records with even 10 or more days that surpass the 90 degree mark.

Looks like the main line (and its remnants) have pretty much cleared my area and I ended up with 0.22" of rain so far today.  Current temp is 72 and it's partly sunny (but with a heavy cloud deck that the sun is has been peeping through) and soupy out with dews in the upper 60s/low 70s.

Flash Flood Watch is effect here from noon today thru late tonight but I think the best heavy rain/storms may be from Philly south but we will see how the day plays out.

Flash Flood Watch extended until late tonight for my area, also a marginal risk for severe storms today which could be upgraded in later outlooks according to the SPC.

3 hours ago, Rtd208 said:

Flash Flood Watch extended until late tonight for my area, also a marginal risk for severe storms today which could be upgraded in later outlooks according to the SPC.

Heavy hit of rain here around 5:30 AM.