• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    UniversesBelowNormal
    Newest Member
    UniversesBelowNormal

E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2019 OBS Thread

4 hours ago, Newman said:

Parts of Berks have picked up over 4" of rain in the past 24 hours. South of Philly and into NJ even more.

Screenshot_20190620-091013.thumb.png.efce5872aef0d0d42d0c4ae984aaa3e0.png

Yeah and I had to open my big mouth the other day, it was crazy last night 

The full on sun was short lived but we still have sun peaking thru the clouds at times here.

Temp up to 80/DP 76/RH 85%

Picked up 0.15" of rain so far today.

I am starting to wonder if I make a run at 90 here but I think the first line of storms in E.PA will prevent that from happening tho. Temp up to 86 here now.

Temp had shot up here when the sun was out and it literally went from the low - mid 70s, right straight to 85.  Then it clouded it up with the incoming line and the temp dropped a bit but it is still 84 with a dp of 72!  Steam bath.

This may mean business...

radar-zoom11-06202019.png

Sun just popped out and temp had dropped down to 72 during the rain but is on its way back up and currently 73 and partly cloudy (at least to the west and overhead).  Ended up with an additional 0.40" of rain for a total of 1.31" for the day (so far).  There appears to be another line of light returns to the west and am not sure if anything will come from that but will see.

Haven't been able to cash in on all this torrential stuff.  Got a few downpours today for around .3 inches.  Everything has been just to my north.  

Looks like warmer times ahead for next week although there is still a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the forecast. Both Mt.Holly and Upton NWS going with temps in the mid to upper 80's the entire week.

Pretty typical summertime weather coming up for the next several days. A couple of chances of showers/storms with temps ranging anywhere from the low to uppers 80's.

Slowly growing support they we are not going to have a summer of 2018 repeat with heat locking in for months come July. Still could go either way however.

Made it up to 88 today, which is the hottest so far this year.  I was fringed by the storms this morning and basically got no measurable. After steamy dps near or at 70, the cold front thankfully came through and took it down about 10 degrees.  Currently 79 and partly cloudy after a pretty sunset.