• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

Seiche is going to end up a bit weak sauce in the end. Wont rival the over 11 ft event from jan 2008. Its leveling off now. The wind shift speed change wasnt abrupt and violent enough to be ideal. 

Toledo has a little hiccup earlier but is still steadily dropping actually below LWD right now... Buffalo is gonna keep rising especially now that the ice is moving over the boom.

ec6a74a090637b25c6f514f9f736ce1d.jpg
00ef9b34755e3b0067c1cf722ad3709f.jpg

Just now, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Toledo has a little hiccup earlier but is still steadily dropping actually below LWD right now... Buffalo is gonna keep rising especially now that the ice is moving over the boom.

ec6a74a090637b25c6f514f9f736ce1d.jpg
00ef9b34755e3b0067c1cf722ad3709f.jpg

Maybe. Usually it comes in a single surge. Its been leveling off at bufn6 the last 20 minutes or so...so they usually means the rise is mostly done aside from a few inches here or there. I think the double front kept the seiche at bay. An abrupt wind shift from east to sw is better. 

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Come down here insane!! 

This sounds awesome but I'm genuinely afraid of downed trees and powerlines here. A neighbor just lost about 10% of his shingles, a large branch came down in another neighbor's backyard. Our house is shaking in the strongest gusts. I've been hearing emergency vehicles every 5-10 minutes!

Windy as heck downtown and now the snow is coming in. Feels like little needles when the snow hits you at 70mph. Seeing some minor damage nothing crazy yet. Traffic lights down. Some large branches and siding. Seiche really didn’t go extreme. Looks like the ice walled in around the harbor. It’s crashing on top of the ice sheet but not making it to shore...
0009a5688ac8e2b032a1d0889e603258.jpg
7c76b6adc4804d43baf57d3a406e0c57.jpg
ea1badf3b3d38cb1d18a7e5c376088af.jpg

What do you think, wolfie? We finally get west winds for lake effect, and they're so strong snow bands will blow over us to the Dacks.

North, south, west...now east. Yep, I am complaining...because this has been one frustrating winter. Odds are I won't be here next winter to see a REAL lake Ontario lake effect event.