• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

45 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

LOL, the event for tomorrow night through Thursday according to the Euro is now a ENY event, lol, this is getting better and better!  Heck, I'd start rooting for a record low snowfall for 18-19' at this rate as every event has practically done everything to avoid the CWA so good job.  We're down to amslab of ice on most trails and without any real precip on its way for CNY, after this brief but cold few days we warm and whatever's left will melt for sure and then we gotta start all over again and by that time we're in the second week of February, stick a fork in 18-19 and Buffalo wins the snowball contest!

Can't post the Euro map so if Wolfie can then all will see.  Maybe its a blip as it was steady for our area for days and now it went East by a considerable margin so....

So did 18Z GFS and Icon.

Nam runs look good...but I will continue to be realistic (pessimistic) and go with globals, as the past two months have been underperformers.

Thought I would have several additional feet by today. But, alas, several inches is all I have got the past week. Pathetic.

Snowmobile clubs around here are already stopping grooming as it is down to ice.

What a discouraging winter I picked to move here.

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Wow...major warmth and rain waaay up into Canada for the beginning of next week on the Gfs models. Major thaw #3423543 for the winter?

Better enjoy whatever snow we get.

Yup rain up to the damn hudson bay.  Next week is a complete trainwreck.   Numerous rain chances, not just one.  You can't make this stuff up

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Matt, I think you have a good shot at seeing this band, thats strenghtening to your North attm, drop South for a time later on at least thats what a few meso's are thinkin but we all know how that goes, lol!

I appreciate your encouragement....but, man...I thought all you had to was sneeze and snow fell on the Tug. So far, it's been like trying to pull snot out to get some snow off Lake Ontario here. :P

So much for the Erie band dying out... It’s intensifying once again...
3d5641034d5a82655b5d4509ba046a3c.gif
lol they just put up a WWA for southern tier!
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Buffalo NY
626 PM EST Sun Jan 27 2019

NYZ019-020-085-280730-
/O.EXB.KBUF.WW.Y.0009.000000T0000Z-190128T0900Z/
Chautauqua-Cattaraugus-Southern Erie-
Including the cities of Jamestown, Olean, Orchard Park,
and Springville

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST MONDAY...

* WHAT...Lake effect snow. Additional snow accumulations of 3 to
5 inches in the most persistent lake snows.

* WHERE... Northern Chautauqua, Northwestern Cattaraugus, and
Southern Erie counties.

* WHEN...Until 4 AM EST Monday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions.

3 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

So much for the Erie band dying out... It’s intensifying once again...
3d5641034d5a82655b5d4509ba046a3c.gif
lol they just put up a WWA for southern tier!
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Buffalo NY

NYZ019-020-085-280730-
/O.EXB.KBUF.WW.Y.0009.000000T0000Z-190128T0900Z/
Chautauqua-Cattaraugus-Southern Erie-
Including the cities of Jamestown, Olean, Orchard Park,
and Springville

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST MONDAY...

* WHAT...Lake effect snow. Additional snow accumulations of 3 to
5 inches in the most persistent lake snows.

* WHERE... Northern Chautauqua, Northwestern Cattaraugus, and
Southern Erie counties.

* WHEN...Until 4 AM EST Monday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions.

The lake definitley has plenty of juice left in it! On channel 4 they just said about 65% of the lake is still ice free. During the Jan 2014 event there was about 60% ice free so pretty similar ice conditions for this set up and similar temperatures, just not sure about moisture or wind shear. 

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Didn’t you have 2 synoptic systems give you 15-18” already? November and then last week. 

I got under a foot the last event 8.8" to be exact so no where near the totals WNY and KROC jacked so.....  we're running 10-15" below the norm but whatever as I'm not too concerned as one event changes that all so....

1 hour ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Bring it, 60-65 up into KSYR, on the EURO for Feb 5 can't wait, not!

Pretty much done with winter here. Cold with occasional flurries or SN- isn't all that exciting TBH.  Fortunately, I have a golf trip to Arizona later in Feb. Maybe when I get back I'll bring the Torch with me. ;)

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Didn’t you have 2 synoptic systems give you 15-18” already? November and then last week. 

We've had 2 decent to good events as you've mentioned. We are tracking roughly normal for snowfall with almost 2 months of winter left. So it's far from a disaster here.  We ground out 12-13" over a couple days last weekend, despite disappointing synoptic snowfall in our immediate area (Syracuse city had noticeably more!). 

Personally I dont care much about LES as it's usually transient and more or less window dressing here.  Which to be clear, is a cool thing for us snow lovers, but it's not like we get blockbuster snow on WNW flow events or "ye olde broom" events that start north and fall off the lake heading south while reorienting to NW flow multi bands.

Just now, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Great looking band. Gotta be 2”/hr+ in there. Silver Creek up to Evangola our to North Collins and Boston. Looks pretty locked in. Go figure another overachiever the models and Mets missed.

Glad to see Buffalo / WNY getting plastered!