Total Members
    Most Online
    snowmaker
    Newest Member
    snowmaker
40/70 Benchmark

January 2019 Discussion

13 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I truly battle my emotions on a daily basis, I have good days and bad days.

You would be surprised how many are going through the same battle. Most hide their mental health struggles because our society is not accepting. Trust me when I tell you that you arent the only one.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

You would be surprised how many are going through the same battle. Most hide their mental health struggles because our society is not accepting. Trust me when I tell you that you arent the only one.

That's why I've picked up fantasy baseball and composing 30 page outlooks...I've learned to channel addiction constructively into positive outlets. Working out helps, too. I was a complete and utter train wreck several years back and it never entirely abates, but you hone your symptom management skills and deal with it all better. Plenty of regrets you can't change, but a funny thing happens on the way to recovery...you stop wasting so much energy trying to change what can't be changed, and instead focus on making sense of it all and availing of said adversity by utilzing it as a tremendous vehicle for growth.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Pickles is banging too many married women in their 60’s. I mean D batteries in socks is not a good thing for a dude in his 30’s

That was your best post in a while 

I usually carry a few double A’s for the Hitachi 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That's why I've picked up fantasy baseball and composing 30 page outlooks...I've learned to channel addiction constructively into positive outlets. Working out helps, too. I was a complete and utter train wreck several years back and it never entirely abates, but you hone your symptom management skills and deal with it all better.

I am glad you are still here. Congrats on getting married. Now, please make it snow :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I hate these back ended winters.... it's like hitting the lottery when you're 75.....I mean it's great....but you know it's all going to end soon so you can't even enjoy it really.  It would have been way better if you won at 35. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Well to be fair, it’s not quite to the extent that you are making it out whineminster.  

If things start picking up in the next week or so...we are entering the heart of winter, as mid to late January through mid and late February are climatological peak.  So it’s all good..plenty of prime time winter time ahead.  

• Thanks 1

Twitter has some people with horrible behavior, I wish I didn't have a twitter account, but I do for other reasons.  However newest ICON run is showing what a slow-moving southern stream shortwave does for the bigger picture.  

1 hour ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I see, I only saw a few films of the franchise, I am not much of a reader believe it or not, but I love the art of writing.

To master the art of writing, you must worship at the altar of reading.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

I hate these back ended winters.... it's like hitting the lottery when you're 75.....I mean it's great....but you know it's all going to end soon so you can't even enjoy it really.  It would have been way better if you won at 35. 

It’s not a backended winter yet 

2 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Anything after January 20 is most def back ended...to me anyway. 

I know, calendar-wise.  I just meant the great second half hasn’t happened yet.  Let’s see what actually happens lol.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

It's a miss. Give it up. 

Why would you stop following the models before they even begin agreeing on the details, Ryan you know better.

8 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Anything after January 20 is most def back ended...to me anyway. 

Whatever...

in my opinion it’s perfect/prime time!!  This MET winter sh*t is nonsense!!  

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Why would you stop following the models before they even begin agreeing on the details, Ryan you know better.

The coastal is closer to the coast down near SNJ

I think NYC will see 1-2 inches with more to the south

The confluence is the killer once again

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Lol ...James you’re like a 9 year old wishing and begging for a prize.  It’s most likely (like 95%) toast!!!  

So that’s what he means.  

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

The coastal is closer to the coast down near SNJ

I think NYC will see 1-2 inches with more to the south

The confluence is the killer once again

The confluence kills it, next week I feel something better.

• Like 1

I am sorry, there is no confluence at hour 108 keeping this south of SNE.  That zone is slowly moving out since previous runs, we are more than 102 hours away from the event, we have so much time on our hands right now, we cannot give up on the snow threat.  Maybe Ray can, because he wants a lot of snow in a storm, but I still think 3-6" along the south coast of SNE, is still possible and we cannot give up on the event.  We have no model consensus still on the details at H5, until then, there is no reason to say there is no threat.

I am sorry, there is no confluence at hour 108 keeping this south of SNE.  That zone is slowly moving out since previous runs, we are more than 102 hours away from the event, we have so much time on our hands right now, we cannot give up on the snow threat.  Maybe Ray can, because he wants a lot of snow in a storm, but I still think 3-6" along the south coast of SNE, is still possible and we cannot give up on the event.  We have no model consensus still on the details at H5, until then, there is no reason to say there is no threat.

There is confluence to the north squashing this.

I'll be lucky to see 3-6 cirrus streaks.

• Haha 1