• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 'Tis the Season Banter Thread 2018-2019

Carvers Gap

6z Fv3 is gonna bury you in snow weathertree.  There's be so much even snow Mr. T won't have any pity left. Yuge snow. You may need a AT-AT to get to work if your name is Dale:

giphy.gif 

Will post later when it finishes running and I get a chance, but this run may rival the Fv3 ultra snow weenie run from late December.

The Fv3 is gonna take us all to the dog house:

O1X8r.gif 

Shout out to Powell for this gif. Will never forget when you posted that in the SE forum when some person whipped out a "homebrew" model. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

6z Fv3 is gonna bury you in snow weathertree.  There's be so much even snow Mr. T won't have any pity left. Yuge snow. You may need a AT-AT to get to work if your name is Dale:

giphy.gif 

Will post later when it finishes running and I get a chance, but this run may rival the Fv3 ultra snow weenie run from late December.

The Fv3 is gonna take us all to the dog house:

O1X8r.gif 

Yea, post it, need fresh screen saver 

• Like 1

Kansas was a train wreck last night. Worse than watching 11-15 day forecasts turn to trash in the 6-10 day!

Tennessee made basketball look beautiful. Saved my TV from a shoe, lol! Great game flow for the Vols. UT needs to bring its best game to Rupp. Should be an amazing game for fans of all sides. Like most Kansas fans I respect Kentucky ball a lot. However I live in Tennessee. Going to cheer for the Vols.

Heard center court tix are going for $1,200+ wow!

• Like 1

Tennessee came off a 5-7 season and managed to have a consensus top 15 recruiting class. More importantly it is a class that fills required player personnel for Pruitt's system. I'm am by no means saying Tennessee will be winning the SEC East this year, but they are definitely getting the pieces to be a real contender in a few years. Certainly think losing seasons like '17 and '18 are behind them.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, weathertree4u said:

Wonder what floating away in February is indicative of?

Get your tauntaun ready! The 80 we hit this PM is only to soften us up. 

Hoth was actually a water planet before its February. Then March happened and BOOM! 

It's already down to -7.59 today and the SOI is going to drop to -69. 

The MJO has already tapped into a portal, as GOES 16 showed us yesterday, but it's aiming for loftier heights. Valhalla via Bifrost:

giphy.gif 

This will bring a hurricane in from another dimension, but we will only be able to see it on the Fv3, through its special connection to a variety of alternate realities. The CFS occasionally accesses a few of these dimensions:

giphy.gif Artist's rendition 

giphy.gif 

This hurricane will then phase with a parent stratospheric polar which will be vertically stacked with a tropospheric vortex. Meanwhile, all the cutters will have created a retrograding -NAO the likes of which we have never seen:

giphy.gif 

(The GFS had temporary access to a portion of this future at 500 mb at 18z yesterday)

There'll be nowhere to go. The snowicane will have to spin out on top of the SE.  

Long story short. SNOW.  Elsa meets The Day after Tomorrow. Joe Bastardi is going to come to Cottontown for observations so he can program the Pioneer v 3. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Get your tauntaun ready! The 80 we hit this PM is only to soften us up. 

Hoth was actually a water planet before its February. Then March happened and BOOM! 

It's already down to -7.59 today and the SOI is going to drop to -69. 

The MJO has already tapped into a portal, as GOES 16 showed us yesterday, but it's aiming for loftier heights. Valhalla via Bifrost:

giphy.gif 

This will bring a hurricane in from another dimension, but we will only be able to see it on the Fv3, through its special connection to a variety of alternate realities. The CFS occasionally accesses a few of these dimensions:

giphy.gif Artist's rendition 

giphy.gif 

This hurricane will then phase with a parent stratospheric polar which will be vertically stacked with a tropospheric vortex. Meanwhile, all the cutters will have created a retrograding -NAO the likes of which we have never seen:

giphy.gif 

(The GFS had temporary access to a portion of this future at 500 mb at 18z yesterday)

There'll be nowhere to go. The snowicane will have to spin out on top of the SE.  

Long story short. SNOW.  Elsa meets The Day after Tomorrow. Joe Bastardi is going to come to Cottontown for observations so he can program the Pioneer v 3. 

Yea yea yea 

• Like 2

That's awesome @Holston_River_Rambler great stuff! I'll go with the Tahiti storm, lol.

MJO is having trouble connecting with the mid-latitudes today. Could still come through in several days, but I'm not holding my breath.

When's Opening Day for your favorite baseball team? KC Royals open at home March 28. Few days prior they play their AAA affiliate the Omaha Storm Chasers!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Windspeed said:

Tennessee came off a 5-7 season and managed to have a consensus top 15 recruiting class. More importantly it is a class that fills required player personnel for Pruitt's system. I'm am by no means saying Tennessee will be winning the SEC East this year, but they are definitely getting the pieces to be a real contender in a few years. Certainly think losing seasons like '17 and '18 are behind them.

Huge recruiting class for CJP and company.  Yesterday may be the day we may look back on in the future and say, that’s when UT started to recruit head to head with Bama for recruits again.  Getting Henry T to help solidify our LB corps is big time stuff.  The 5 o lineman we signed are what’s really got me pumped, their all 6’4 to 6’6 and 310+ so weve got a good jump on our offensive line problems and depth.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nrgjeff said:

When's Opening Day for your favorite baseball team?

Not as into baseball as I used to be. Mostly just college football (UT), but at one point I had a Royals hat so they work as well as any. I've driven through Kansas City once and really liked it. Also liked the look of Topeka. And the flint hills are beautiful. 

Eastern Kansas I like, western Kansas.... meh. 

• Like 1

Now we know to forecast snow in Chicago 4/8. MLB is trying to avoid that, starting outdoor North teams on the road. We'll see how it works out this year. Maybe catch them in Atlanta?

Western Kansas is beautiful too, esp when a cyclical supercell is slowly lumbering along a boundary and dropping gorgeous tornadoes.

2 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

When's Opening Day for your favorite baseball team? KC Royals open at home March 28. Few days prior they play their AAA affiliate the Omaha Storm Chasers!

The Cardinals open at the Brewers on 3/28. I'm just happy that St. Louis actually spent some money this offseason. 

1 hour ago, Blue Ridge said:

I'm beginning to wonder if Harper or Machado will sign by the time Spring Training is here.

I'm not sure if I'd want to sign either of them to long term huge contracts. They are both extremely talented players, but Harper is inconsistent and Machado doesn't seem to care half the time. I'm actually a fan of Harper. I followed his career after watching him play in a youth tournament when he was 13 years old. I honestly believe he was the best youth baseball player in history. I think he could have played SEC baseball at 13 years old.  He's just never been consistent with his swing, so he tends to go into very long slumps.  

• Like 2