• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    davisinstruments
    Newest Member
    davisinstruments

Today's low temperature was 14 with a heavy frost. Any grass that grew just got taken care of if yesterdays snow wasn't enough. EDIT: I went back and realized the station recorded a temperature of 12 before sunrise.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BlunderStorm said:

Currently sitting steady at 30. I wonder if John has seen anything? Oh and as for the radar that is definitely an ostrich.

Doubt he's seeing anything,warm nosed from the inverted trough,models did well with it

Finally got snow reaching the ground. Thunder in winter works out again. Fairly steady, hopefully we can squeeze out an inch by morning but the temps are a little warmer than forecast so not sure what will stick. Ground is fairly cold after lower 20s and 10s the last two mornings. 

• Like 1

Moderate snow/sleet band just worked overhead.  Showed as rain, but was all snow/sleet.  The RGEM (from yesterday) nailed these isolated heavier bands developing in northeast TN.  

• Like 1

After 3 A.M. I had to tap out for the night. I briefly woke up at 5 and only sleet had fell. Supposedly my family said they saw some snow falling but only enough to be considered a trace. While I was asleep the temperature spiked to 37 and is now 35. Up to 3706' on the mountains I see no snow.

Just basically flurries here 5 to 6 a.m.. a quick band of snow came thru around 9:30 this morning that ended as sleet. Didn't stick ad temp was upper 30's .Dp was upper 20's, explaining how this happened. 

• Like 1

Front end snow never happened, Soon as I posted here "was all snow" it changed to sleet. Onto the next one, Hoping to cash in on the upcoming pattern.

• Sad 2

Temp hovered around 33 this afternoon. Above 2000 feet there was about 1/2 inch of snow and a lot of frozen fog this morning. Overall a cold, grey day today with the ceiling around 2800 feet.

• Like 1

Nice little burst of sleet in West Knoxville/Hardin Valley area. Started accumulating on cars and grass, but seems to be switching to mostly rain now. Raw weather none the less!

• Like 3