• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BuffaloWeather

Upstate/Eastern New York

What's really nuts is the simple fact that we just went through a very below-normal November without having any Blockbuster events to the east of Lake Ontario as well Northeast of Lake Erie. And that's also with having both leaks above normal temperature wise. That's pretty extraordinary if you ask me but we still managed to end the month with close to 40 in of snow because of that synoptic event and all the Northwest flow events for us to the southeast of the Lakes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Seriously! What happened to the band??? It just completely dissipated and not one model showed that.
Yes they did, most models showed the band going to the north of the city into Niagara County and actually it's pretty much seeding the band that's affecting Watertown currently. But then this afternoon as the bandri intensifies as it heads back south and effect both the North and South Towns once again before sweeping through and finally ending up in the hills to the south of the city where it usually ends up. This is what I saw in the models anyway

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

About 3" of fresh snow cover IMBY.  Snow is actually quite heavy, not the usual fluffy LE.  It will be interesting watching the radar thru the afternoon to see if/where the band becomes reestablished off L Erie as the trof swings through, and how intense it becomes on its journey south.  

1 minute ago, cny rider said:

If only it bore any relationship to actual reality......

Yeah is that expected amounts after today's event because as of the 7am timeframe today I had bare lawn in Williamsville

Could be be a little bit of a "surprise" on sat..

At this point
will continue to indicate some minor accumulations of an inch or
two within any areas of lake enhancement...though somewhat greater
amounts than this are not out of the question given the more favorable
moisture and higher capping inversion that will be in place

download (6).png

download (7).png

It iis on the money for 

Kalb

Kbuf

Ksyr

KROC

KFZY

Little too light for kbgm (couple inches off)

And looks good for most of this county..Not going to be exact everywhere i guess..

GSB Cities The 2018 - 2019 
Snow Season
Normal Average 
to Date
This Time  
Last Season
Normal 
Seasons Average
All Time Season  
Snowfall Record

Binghamton 26.7 9.1 1.8 83.4 135.2 inches (2016 - 2017)
Syracuse 24.2 14.4 5.2 123.8 192.1 inches (1992 - 1993)
Rochester 19.0 10.2 2.6 99.5 161.7 inches (1959 - 1960)
Buffalo 14.2 11.9 0.2 94.7 199.4 inches (1976 - 1977)
Albany 10.4 4.7

20 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Yeah is that expected amounts after today's event because as of the 7am timeframe today I had bare lawn in Williamsville

This is total snowfall for the year, not on the ground. KBUF is above 12" 

That Web Cam Tug Matt provided shows the snow in Ft Drum almost up to the park bench's already and that band looks stationary.  2' easy up there as KWRT is about to get smacked in about 10 minutes.

• Like 1

Look at the Western end of the Lake, look at how charged up it is.  WoW just WoW and in the middle, there's gotta be some thunder and lightning so wherever that hits, someone's gonna have smiles on their faces, lol!

This is incredible to me. There was even thunder when I was outside playing with the kids. I’ve never experienced that before and it was amazing. 

• Like 2