• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

George BM

September Discobs Thread

13 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I dont know about winter (but always bet on fail around here)  but fall will definitely be short.  We've been robbed of any early fall weather this month.  At best, we are waiting another another 13 days and that takes us almost the entirety of this month.

If you don't go with met seasons, Sept is predominately a summer month. And it works better for here. Just getting it to be 'less hot' for most of the month is a win.

• Like 2

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

If you don't go with met seasons, Sept is predominately a summer month. And it works better for here. Just getting it to be 'less hot' for most of the month is a win.

It is here, and always seems to hold on forever.  But we do have averages for a reason, and we always seem to be above them.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I think this weekend's weather has been great.  I have the AC off, the windows open, and the ceiling fans are creating a gentle breeze throughout the house.

Yeah its not bad. I think yesterday was better than today. It was breezy, and being outside most of the time, it seemed less humid, although I didn't really look. Plus it was mostly cloudy. Almost fall-like!

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah its not bad. I think yesterday was better than today. It was breezy, and being outside most of the time, it seemed less humid, although I didn't really look. Plus it was mostly cloudy. Almost fall-like!

I mowed the lawn yesterday and rotated tires on a car. By the time I was done I looked like I fell off a dock. Totally normal for sept wx but I'm over it. Sweatshirt wx can't come soon enough 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I mowed the lawn yesterday and rotated tires on a car. By the time I was done I looked like I fell off a dock. Totally normal for sept wx but I'm over it. Sweatshirt wx can't come soon enough 

lol

Yeah I was sweatin' too, but its all relative. Around 9 am the clouds broke here and it got breezy. Felt good, and seemed like the dews were a bit lower with the mixing.

On 9/15/2018 at 4:19 PM, EastCoast NPZ said:

My point and click has highs of 84f for Friday, and we all know that is likely to trend upward as we close in.  If we are mid 80s, then there will be 90f in the forecast area.

Like clockwork.  NWS has already raised forecast to 88.  90f is now a certainty. 

21 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Let's keep the sweatshirt stored away until thanksgiving please... Is it so hard to ask for fall to be 80 and sunny?

2 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Yes , it is.  80F is summer, not fall.

I'm moving to NC (Wilmington Area ironically) next year so I guess I can put up with one more cold fall...

5 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Watching that cell just NW of Stafford. 

Seems like the only legit tornado potential is tail end charlie south of RIC.

I am in that line west of Dumfries and where that little spin up showed up north west of Stafford. Sky got  really dark and wind picked up, gusted in the 20s... for about 30 seconds. Now it's bright and showery as before.

51 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

Just got a Tor warning here at work, just Northwest of Richmond.

Edit:  My phone gave the alert, but it looks like the TOR warning is well South of us. 

Really surprised there isn't even a slight risk today down there.  SPC really lacking with this event.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

12z GFS is a complete disaster.   Nothing but AN temps from start to finish, except for those times we are extremely AN.  We will be recording upper 80s well into October if that run is correct.  

Keep it coming! Average is AN across the world now anyways. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

12z GFS is a complete disaster.   Nothing but AN temps from start to finish, except for those times we are extremely AN.  We will be recording upper 80s well into October if that run is correct.  

Let's hope it's not right. The 06z GFS had alot of 40's for lows and 60's/70's for highs after day 10. I could go for that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Not many cool nights in that run.

Foliage should be near peak color by early December.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2