Total Members
    Most Online
    dhubbard
    Newest Member
    dhubbard
BuffaloWeather

Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Dryslot is gonna shut everything off across all of SNE, lol, WOW I'd be extremely bummed if that occurred.

Looks like that meso banding in portions of NJ did a great job.  Some big totals of 16-24" in the affected counties in west, central NJ. Outside of that looks like 3-6" generally by scanning the PNS's.

3 minutes ago, weatherMA said:

Under 3" total in Queensbury. Major bust from ALY 10-18" warning and 13" most likely from yesterday.

Wow. That's a disastrous forecast bust.  Condolences...that always stinks.

There has been a death band parked across ALY's western New England zones (Litchfield CT - Pittsfield MA - Bennington VT) for a while now. Has to be some 30+ totals coming out of the high terrain there.

10 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

There has been a death band parked across ALY's western New England zones (Litchfield CT - Pittsfield MA - Bennington VT) for a while now. Has to be some 30+ totals coming out of the high terrain there.

Whoa there. We don't use that term which-shall-not-be-named in this forum. 

I was afraid this day would come. ;)

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

Whoa there. We don't use that term which-shall-not-be-named in this forum. 

I was afraid this day would come. ;)

Edited to emphasize sarcasm

I cringe everytime i read “mother of god” or that it’s absolutely puking snow.

3 minutes ago, WxNoob said:

Looks like it’s absolutely puking snow over that way, Mother of god!

I wonder if that’s orographically enhanced as it seems to line up with the windward side of the Berkshires. Note the precipitation minimum on the NY side due to subsidence on the lee side. 

22 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

I wonder if that’s orographically enhanced as it seems to line up with the windward side of the Berkshires. Note the precipitation minimum on the NY side due to subsidence on the lee side. 

There have been many times the past several years that we've been sucking on subsidence while an intense snow band was parked over Western New England.  Probably about 8" or so between early this morning through this evening. Much less once you got from Glens Falls on north and much more once you got 20-25 miles SE of KALB.  So it could have been worse, but it was a bit of a let down.  Getting 22" in the first week of March is nothing to sneeze at however, especially after how the rest of the winter had gone.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stash said:

Pretty good band redeveloping over ENY in Saratoga, Albany, and Rensselaer Counties right now.

WUNIDS_map.gif

Ground truth is still just very light snow here in Queensbury right now. Looks nice on radar, I'd be curious if its different in other areas.

4 hours ago, weatherMA said:

Ground truth is still just very light snow here in Queensbury right now. Looks nice on radar, I'd be curious if its different in other areas.

Picked up at some point, there's another 1.5" or so out there. Storm total somewhere between 5" and 6". Inching our way to a respectable total.

KALB is sitting at 11.4" for the storm, so that overnight band must have been heavier there (they reported an additional 3" after midnight).  They really limped their way to a foot of snow, but not a bad week for them overall.  

1 hour ago, Stash said:

KALB is sitting at 11.4" for the storm, so that overnight band must have been heavier there (they reported an additional 3" after midnight).  They really limped their way to a foot of snow, but not a bad week for them overall.  

Glad to see KALB scratching and clawing towards a foot...I had them around 12" in a snowfall contest and that was looking rough last evening.  The banding in this storm really skewed some snowfall results in many areas.

Big fat fluffy flakes floating down for the last couple hours. It may not add up to much but it does keep the wintry mood going, at least temporarily. Actually got about a half inch of fluff since about 7. If it wasn’t going to melt as soon as the sun hits it I could clear it with my leaf blower. 

• Haha 1

Snow starts back up overnight tonight according to the 3k nam, snows for about 24-30 hours, doesn’t add up to a ton but this might be our last shot, at the very least it will look and feel wintry..

A6E5285B-03CE-4F86-8F04-130CC601746A.png

F9B7BE97-A770-42C7-8B9B-2C1311937A60.png

CDDAC2F8-E52C-4FBF-89A8-420E105EC7E9.png

I always get a bit depressed when winter is over. Luckily the sun, warmth and joy of Spring quickly relieves that. Tracking winter storms is one of the great pleasures of my life. It’s also an emotional infatuation. Being able to share that, here, with like minded peeps is just amazing. See ya! 

E1224B16-AB81-47AE-BBA2-21075E833559.png

• Like 1

I think KSYR will grind to 130" before it's all said and done...125" right now (+17" over normal to date), which is pretty much spot on seasonal average If we snow no more.  We probably get to 130" over the next two days.  KSYR current seasonal averrage is 123.8".  To get to Above Average (>115% or ~140"+ in my book), we will need some help. Which does not look to be forthcoming at this point.  

The middle to end of next week looks to be cold for this time of the year. Don’t know if we can crank out any meaningful snow from it. 

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Also Potential for some nice streamers, majority of Guidance shows this, especially south of ksyr..

42DADA0B-A88A-4B80-ACB0-6658F7A6393E.png

F0068FC2-6FC3-4089-A69D-A4217E4FFE24.png

24 hour precipitation EA34C2F5-A83B-4ABB-A85F-0DD72C59AF6D.png

Wow. That would be quite impressive if verified.

41 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Looks like the NWS is buying into it...

Yeah those snowfall maps look good to me. Of course I said that last time and we ended up with nipski so WTFDIK...

13 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Yeah those snowfall maps look good to me. Of course I said that last time and we ended up with nipski so WTFDIK...

More of a Nov-Jan looking snow map vs mid-March! Pretty impressive LES forecast.