Newest Member
    joxey
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

And the arctic blasts between rainers...that Scott Baio pattern is the worst.

:weenie:  ...But I agree 10x's over.  Absolutely abhor winter rain on the level that we've had this season (so far, because I know the rain is not finished with us yet).

I was o.k. with the brief rainer or 2 in January because I suppose, in my (unscientific) mind I was looking ahead to a decent February.  I think I even gave winter a good grade up to that point, even with the rain.  But now...F*ck it.  I may end up closing the blinds, and shuffling, with my head hanging low into a damp crawlspace for the season.  This sh.it truly sucks.  To be at the gym last night, pumping out some cardio while the rain was pelting the window, and seeing Ryan on the news throwing up the awful 7 (or 10?) day forecast (doesn't matter because 7 and 10 days suck azz) really helped me seal the deal.  And today that long range looks even worse.  

I try to look on the positive side, knowing there is nothing I can do.  It's the fu*king weather.  I can't control it, but hell, everyone who likes snow wants to see it snow.  Anyone who sits there and says they are happy, with a smile on their face and cheering on inches upon inches falling somewhere else while they themselves are getting ready to board the ark with 2 of every almost every animal with the pope, and reverend leading the way then they are lying.  Everyone wants in on the action.  Yeah, I know. That's not the way it works...We have a large region where climo treats everyone differently.  Just look at me and Steve.  He's less than 10 miles from me, but he's got about 8 or more inches than me. I am happy for the ski areas because snow is their livelihood, but in all realty this season is blowing big fat chunks of dog-sh*t-snow from Ginx's back yard. I am ready to pull out the death by snowblower thread soon.  F*ck it...why not? This sucks.  Such a great December and first part of January only to get sh*t on so far this month.  Nobody want's weeks of cold with nothing to show for it, and then rain and maybe a brief snow mix.  F*ck that ****!

As I look out the window and watch the last of the ice melt off the trees on to a disappearing inch of crap-tastic SWFE snow, my mind goes back to what Father Mick once told me...You can't always get what you want.  ...But, maybe... Just maybe if we pray real hard we will all be blessed with a nice big, 16 pound bowling ball come end of the month.  
I ain't holding my breath though because I suck at bowling.

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I need a couple days to watch all 5.

Can't beat the East, beasts. but yes 5 is awesome, maybe you will get to 6 like the Steelers. I'll take my teams 2 and run, you guys are what 500 in SB's now? 5-5? They should transfer that team to a more competitive division like the NFC East

4 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

:weenie:  ...But I agree 10x's over.  Absolutely abhor winter rain on the level that we've had this season (so far, because I know the rain is not finished with us yet).

I was o.k. with the brief rainer or 2 in January because I suppose, in my (unscientific) mind I was looking ahead to a decent February.  I think I even gave winter a good grade up to that point, even with the rain.  But now...F*ck it.  I may end up closing the blinds, and shuffling, with my head hanging low into a damp crawlspace for the season.  This sh.it truly sucks.  To be at the gym last night, pumping out some cardio while the rain was pelting the window, and seeing Ryan on the news throwing up the awful 7 (or 10?) day forecast (doesn't matter because 7 and 10 days suck azz) really helped me seal the deal.  And today that long range looks even worse.  

I try to look on the positive side, knowing there is nothing I can do.  It's the fu*king weather.  I can't control it, but hell, everyone who likes snow wants to see it snow.  Anyone who sits there and says they are happy, with a smile on their face and cheering on inches upon inches falling somewhere else while they themselves are getting ready to board the ark with 2 of every almost every animal with the pope, and reverend leading the way then they are lying.  Everyone wants in on the action.  Yeah, I know. That's not the way it works...We have a large region where climo treats everyone differently.  Just look at me and Steve.  He's less than 10 miles from me, but he's got about 8 or more inches than me. I am happy for the ski areas because snow is their livelihood, but in all realty this season is blowing big fat chunks of dog-sh*t-snow from Ginx's back yard. I am ready to pull out the death by snowblower thread soon.  F*ck it...why not? This sucks.  Such a great December and first part of January only to get sh*t on so far this month.  Nobody want's weeks of cold with nothing to show for it, and then rain and maybe a brief snow mix.  F*ck that ****!

As I look out the window and watch the last of the ice melt off the trees on to a disappearing inch of crap-tastic SWFE snow, my mind goes back to what Father Mick once told me...You can't always get what you want.  ...But, maybe... Just maybe if we pray real hard we will all be blessed with a nice big, 16 pound bowling ball come end of the month.  
I ain't holding my breath though because I suck at bowling.

feel better? LOl geezus man the f up

ORH went 17 consecutive winters without a below average snowfall years between '55-'56 and '71-'72 (the lowest was around 63 inches...so I consider that within "normal" range)....I wonder when the spring of 1972 rolled around how many baby boomer teenagers and college aged weenies were talking about the "new normal"?

Then they got dropped-kicked to the curb for the better part of 2 decades after that. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Can't beat the East, beasts. but yes 5 is awesome, maybe you will get to 6 like the Steelers. I'll take my teams 2 and run, you guys are what 500 in SB's now? 5-5? They should transfer that team to a more competitive division like the NFC East

5-3...but hey, you don't let facts stand in that way of your weather proclamations, so why start with sports?

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Thanks I fell ya pain bro but it cant be 2015 every year, it is what it is. I personally enjoy seeing others get big totals and if I need a fix, well 2 hrs and I am in. 

I was actually real close to joining you guys tomorrow.    

Could not make the funds work though which is why I never got into the conversation in the other thread (was waiting until the last minute to see about some bills I had to pay), plus I am an intermediate skier and would not be able to ski with you guys.

Archived