• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 9, 2017 - Storm Discussion (Breaking the seal on the season for many)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

This is the area I have pegged for highest.  I'm still the 3-5" in my back yard.

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2017120812_57_519_323.thumb.png.97731dd926b7467cdc0c3a454e67958d.png

I certainly agre KTAN.  I like the consesus today. You do fairly well in this.  Ray and I in Wilmington do well also.  I think the Common might reach 6" with this, Logan Airport will be right at the waters edge literally with this storm.  I think a 4-8" storm is a lock.  I hope the thermal layers and especially the BL's are a little colder than progged so we can all get a 1-2" enhancement.  But this looks good for most of eastern Mass, with the exception of the far southshore , Cape and islands.

5 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

This storm is still an overachiever. Asheville, NC is already outpacing 6-10" forecasts, as they're up to 5" with many hours of snow left.

That's sort of a first initial wave of forcing. We'll get a second one later tonight and tomorrow. I don't know if I equate what's going on today and compare it to here tomorrow, but hopefully it works.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's sort of a first initial wave of forcing. We'll get a second one later tonight and tomorrow. I don't know if I equate what's going on today and compare it to here tomorrow, but hopefully it works.

Yeah, that was more of a weenie comment. I don't think you can really compare what's going on in the South to our situation, but there's nothing wrong with hoping our second forcing will do the same thing. It's all about how the northern energy behave.

3 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Yeah, that was more of a weenie comment. I don't think you can really compare what's going on in the South to our situation, but there's nothing wrong with hoping our second forcing will do the same thing. It's all about how the northern energy behave.

I think you will do fairly well. No question all snow...and no question is should stack nicely. I think you will be surprised at how well DAW can hold the cold. I can't wait to see your reaction when we get a real CAD situation and the models have you at 40F and it's 26 with ZR.

Archived