Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

49 minutes ago, ouamber said:

Lol just 2 days ago, Kansas was getting buried, and now today Texas is getting buried. Do you want to be in the Euro and GFS sweet spot 10+ days out? I like spread the wealth storms though...hoping we all can cash in on this.:D

Yeah, I'd like to think we are in the sweet spot right now. We've seen both sides of the spectrum and we are smack dab in the middle, so here's to hoping for some snow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will (little rock) said:

Living in Central Arkansas, I love the 12z Euro 

Going to change though lol

I live in West Tennessee, I liked the euro as well! Ha.  It showed 8"+ in MBY.  Fun to look at and think of the possibilities, Either way were due for an old school I-40 snow storm.  Here's to hoping that comes to fruition!!

I prefer the GFS being a little bit south of us this far out.  If history repeats itself we will no doubt have the NW shift a few hundred miles.  Normally when I'm in the bullseye this far out it shifts to an I-44 storm.  

Temps on the Canadian look meh but a better track.  

Lets see what the Euro shows shortly.  Hopefully it's better then the 00z run.  

Still plenty of options on the table.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ouamber said:

I hope it keeps trending north. I'm supposed to drive to S. OK on Christmas and would prefer snow than ice!

Hope it trends north also. 

8 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

I prefer the GFS being a little bit south of us this far out.  If history repeats itself we will no doubt have the NW shift a few hundred miles.  Normally when I'm in the bullseye this far out it shifts to an I-44 storm.  

Temps on the Canadian look meh but a better track.  

Lets see what the Euro shows shortly.  Hopefully it's better then the 00z run.  

Still plenty of options on the table.  

53 minutes ago, JoMo said:

So you're saying you wouldn't like the 12z Canadian, eh?

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_38.png

Nasty.

6 hours ago, JoMo said:

Sheesh, 12z GFS... Not all of this is 'snow', a lot of freezing rain/sleet combo in here but you can see the areas of expected frozen precip over the next 10 days.

gfs_asnow_us_41.png

lol 18z GFS.. you can see how much change with one model run.

gfs_asnow_us_41.png

LOL let the crazy model madness begin. Im fine with just cold for once on xmas, anything else would be pure filthy luck at this point! Would be totally awesome to see snow on xmas day though! Last time I saw that was in 2009 I believe in MO when it snowed all day xmas and we got 8" then when I was 13(wayyyy back in the day lol) we got a dusting in jersey.

Cold, check? So now we go from a monster storm to flurries eh JoMo? lol....gonna depend on if this thing sits and spins, or just zips along it sounds and if it goes too far north or too far south by what I am reading? And BTW like someone else mentioned earlier, little rock did another forecast discussion...really really interesting and in depth!

6 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Cold, check? So now we go from a monster storm to flurries eh JoMo? lol....gonna depend on if this thing sits and spins, or just zips along it sounds and if it goes too far north or too far south by what I am reading? And BTW like someone else mentioned earlier, little rock did another forecast discussion...really really interesting and in depth!

This run was pretty boring unless you like cold and dry. The "polar vortex" drops down into the N. Plains and into the Great Lakes. 

26 minutes ago, JoMo said:

This run was pretty boring unless you like cold and dry. The "polar vortex" drops down into the N. Plains and into the Great Lakes. 

Well I am ok with dry and cold, but we do have a long ways to go still. I think by thursday things should be more ironed out ya think? Would be nice but well, the luck we all have it could be 70 and dry lol.

00z Euro is going to look somewhat similar to the 00z GFS. Massive -EPO ridge leading to the downstream "PV" feature moving across southern Canada and the northern US. Flurries for some areas on the 23rd-25th, otherwise becoming very cold. Temps in the teens Christmas morning.