• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Stoverseed
    Newest Member
    Stoverseed
BuffaloWeather

Upstate/Eastern New York

Fulton on East is gonna be split in half with a band in Central Oswego and one that crosses Cayuga/Onondaga and Madison counties. What a Joke, one that can't be made up, lol!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Burlington wtf gives roc 6 inches. 

Bro, this model is not even used anymore, lol. Don't even know why they still run the horrific thing but let's see how it does. 6 different models showing 6 different solutions, pick one.

• Like 1

Hrrr looks good for eastern suburbs of roc

hrrr_asnow_neus_18-1.thumb.png.d877f05c597e35881915eea697f896d8.png

So apparently the HRRR has the band South of Oswego County completely so right there it's wrong already as there's already a band established in Central Oswego County as it just needs some aggregation from GB, which will happen this evening, tonight!

4 hours ago, phoenixny said:

Is it me or does the GFS want to hammer parts of CNY later next weekend and early next week? Looks like a prolonged LES event on that particular model. 

It is you being mesmerized by the GooFuS.  Don't look at it or it will turn you into a pillar of salt before December even gets here!

46 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Our first warning for non accumulating snow, yay

I'm gonna try to keep track of watch/warning/advisories this winter just to see how they work out.  Curious to see. Verification can be a bit fuzzy though esp with LES being so localized.

• Like 1

I'm gonna try to keep track of watch/warning/advisories this winter just to see how they work out.  Curious to see. Verification can be a bit fuzzy though esp with LES being so localized.

True, we'll I guess I should give them a chance before I bash, lol! Still don't think there was a need for any warnings though but I could definitely be wrong after that cold front passes later on this evening.

I've always wanted to add up the snowfall forecast for an entire season. I think even adding up the minimum would yield an incredible total in the range of twice or triple what we actually see. 

Verification should be better studied- implemented, in my mind. 

Euro and gfs in agreement for days 8 thru 10

ecmwf_acc_snow_newyork_240-1.thumb.png.bdd891c468467e8760d334623df10429.png

If it only stayed that way for the next 8 days right, lol. Well at least there's another period we can watch for for some snow.

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

It is you being mesmerized by the GooFuS.  Don't look at it or it will turn you into a pillar of salt before December even gets here!

These early events always suck me in! I never learn. Better returns just to our west on radar. 

3 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Snowing hard in Irondequoit! First big squall of the season. Feel like a kid again

Nice, congrats! Always good to see your first hard burst of snow. Not even a flake here all day long today which I can’t believe, figured we’d at least have some flakes in the air... 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

In non Weather news, the Bills and Sabres are the worst pro sports teams ever born. Ok, back to the weather discussion.....

It really is unbelievable how we continue to be so bad. I just don't get it. Our fans deserve so much better. 

1 hour ago, WesterlyWx said:

Nice, congrats! Always good to see your first hard burst of snow. Not even a flake here all day long today which I can’t believe, figured we’d at least have some flakes in the air... 

We've had flakes on and off all day here, nothing sticking obviously. Pretty cool loop.

codnexlab.NEXRAD.BUF.N0Q.20171120.012.200ani.gif

S+ here at the moment but don't EC
Expect it to last much longer as it has the looks of already wanting to head North but we'll see. Nothing is real organized, just bouts of on and off squalls so I'm definitely confident we don't reach Advisory lol snows, nevermind warning criteria, lol!