• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

I left Burlington VT around 5pm yesterday and went the long way home to avoid the storms. I took I89 out to I91 and could see the storms dissipating over the mountains to my east and by the time the clouds got to the CT River Valley they had completely dried out. There were some beautiful thunderstorm towers on both sides over the hills and some great, long lived, rainbows but it stayed nearly dry the whole ride. The roads were a little bit wet  just north of Hartford but it was probably quite a disappointment for anybody over there that was hoping to get a good storm.

Btw, I'm very curious which radar apps you use. I have RadarNow! and it's pretty accurate with added settings, etc. I still have yet to understand difference between short, long & composite as well as storm velocity and velocity base, but hoping you could guide a semi-noob such as myself :-)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On 8/7/2017 at 11:25 PM, Juliancolton said:

Anybody else noticing some color showing up on maples? I'm sure it's not stress from lack of rainfall...

My river birch dropped a bunch of yellow leaves but it's still young, about 7 years old, and gets sun pretty much all day. I should've watered it more in late June and July.  A little over 2" in the bucket while I was gone last week.  

5 hours ago, Irishmick9 said:

This has to be a record for amount of summer days with prolonged periods of cloudiness. Can't remember last 3 day stretch without cloudy stretches throughout day

I'll take it. I like it not being as hot as it would be otherwise. I also like that it helps keep the soil moisture up, I hate dry and dusty.

14 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I'll take it. I like it not being as hot as it would be otherwise. I also like that it helps keep the soil moisture up, I hate dry and dusty.

It's been great for yard work, but bad for my pool. Would prefer next few rains to be from some good thunderstorms or tropical threat. Been pretty boring 

I've noticed color down this way as well. At first I thought it was due to stress, but we've had a very wet summer season; so I guess disease is possible but unlikely.

We've also had quite a number of nights in the 50s. Hopeful for another great year of fall colors, the past two have been stellar. 

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018