• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

Aww didn't quite break below 40 here, looks like 40.2 in Brewster and 40.8 just down the hill from me. Close...

Haha I said we need some rain not 6<>20"! On the plus side I have some trees that need to be taken down that I can't afford to have someone do after the well pump unexpectedly retiring last week so a good blow with soggy ground might take care of it for me.

The trees sure seem to think so. The forest feels much more like early October than early September. Leaves are changing and dropping, undergrowth is down and done for the year, chestnuts and acorns are littering the ground like it's six weeks later than it is and the squirrels are gathering and doing their thing like I've never seen before this early. 

Brian - I was in your neck of the woods riding today in Mianus River Park and damn is it dry down there, you haven't been kidding ;)  

Wow. Just south of me the Somers Meso has .75" so far today and about the same distance north the Brewster Meso has 2.43" so I don't quite know what to make of it. I know for a while it wasn't raining much here but was pitch black to my north so I'll guess that I'm probably in the low 1" range. It's absolutely pouring again.

Hoping Barbuda doesn't get wiped clean off the map :( Then St Kitts/Nevis sometime overnight appears to be in for the same thing.

Wow. Just south of me the Somers Meso has .75" so far today and about the same distance north the Brewster Meso has 2.43" so I don't quite know what to make of it. I know for a while it wasn't raining much here but was pitch black to my north so I'll guess that I'm probably in the low 1" range. It's absolutely pouring again.

Hoping Barbuda doesn't get wiped clean off the map  Then St Kitts/Nevis sometime overnight appears to be in for the same thing.

See attached approach.... was fun to drive in! And no, I was not holding the phone while driving. That was my passenger 2433c61c4c03bb96ef09807cfbce2743.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I can't seem to find much info on how Barbuda fared. I watched until the cams went down last night and now there is pretty much no communications from the island that I can find. If anyone has any links you should post them.

Based on the videos I've seen this morning from various locations down there I'm guessing that they didn't fare too well.

3 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

That's what I'm assuming too. I saw one clip about someone doing a flyover and they said the place was wiped clean.

Found this quote in the main thread:

"Also, Barbuda, home to about 1,600 people, was "so badly damaged that there is no communication" from the island, said Keithley Meade, director of a meteorological office in Antigua and Barbuda."

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018