Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2017 OBS Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BBasile said:

Went to sleep with 2.07 inches of rain for the month.  Woke up with 4.04 inches of rain for the storm!  Apparently, I missed something!   Now waiting on this severe thunderstorm.  

I slept through the after-midnight rain here, a little over 1.50", which brings the total to 4.42" since late yesterday. It must have come down hard because it looks like a creek went through my back yard. I had walked it around 9 pm last night and there was plenty of water, but no debris from the woods. Different story this morning, and I'm sure saturation from earlier in the evening helped, but haven't seen that "look" since April 30, 2014 (5" in one day).

10 hours ago, RedSky said:

.40" don't understand how round one vaporized like that. Should be more rounds through the night, or I have to decide if I want maple syrup on my shirt.

I did a little looking for you but couldn't find any maple flavored/scented fabric softener. Looking at the overnight radar you may have dodged a bullet.

2 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

I did a little looking for you but couldn't find any maple flavored/scented fabric softener. Looking at the overnight radar you may have dodged a bullet.

1.20" 

A tiny portion of the area in Berks and touching western Montco appears to have escaped with .5" or less but i had cereal

Ended up with another 0.50" here in East Nantmeal bringing our total today to an even 1.0". We are now 0.26" above normal rainfall for the year. MTD we are at 5.79" - normal (1983-Present) Chester County rainfall in July is 4.81". So an interesting factoid - 2017 will make 4 of the last 5 July's with above normal rainfall and 2015 only missed normal by 0.11"

Picked up a surprising 2.2" tonight, total of 6.62" since late Sunday. 2.52" on the 14th, means over 9" in just the last 11 days. Nice....and really looking forward to some more comfortable weather over the near term. This storm tonight seemed to intensify as it drifted south of us, heaviest rain, more wind and a lot of lightning in the last 10 minutes of the 50 minute duration...like a grand finale for this cycle.

Archived