Welcome to American Weather
Rtd208

E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2017 OBS Thread

343 posts in this topic

super humid and overcast out there. Light rain has begun.

on another note there were 2 EF 0 tornados confirmed on monday's storms but none on wednesday. there were a few reports of 70MPH+ wind gusts though across the area on wednesday. We got clipped in lower bucks but the sky was very ominous to the south. pretty active week rain and storm wise. my garden, especially my zucchini, squash, and pumpkins, is loving the humid and wet weather. everything exploded with growth over the last week or so including the weeds that I had just pulled last weekend...

SE PA now upgraded to Slight Risk from the SPC with the clouds clearing and sun beginning to come out. Maybe another good storm today to end the week of storminess.

Man, it's oppressive out there. I have allergies and my breathing/wheezing is pretty bad. Unless something "pops up"..appears everything is moving N/NW of Philly currently. Stuff should move through overnight. I would super dig a downpour right now. Sun came out, maybe something will brew...

88.9F / DP 75F / RH 65%

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

Not sure what model Glenn is using (probably Euro) but Allentown 3.20" by 1pm tomorrow. Everyone 1" plus Philly N/NW...

gh.jpg

Looks like some stuff may be building soon. One little band on my doorstep...then another one by Harrisburg.....then a bunch to the West.

s1.jpg

DP really dropped in the past 2hrs....74F to 63F....nice breeze as well. Tonight should be splendid and tomorrow night even better w/temps in the 50's. And the extended outlook looks pretty damn good w/a bump or two but overall can't complain.

78.8F  / DP 63F / RH 59%.....DP and RH really dropping though.

83.9F  / DP 59F  / RH 44%....and a breeze. Really can't beat it for June 24th. So we almost kicked out June w/o getting super baked. Two more to go...

Never made it to 80 here today.  High was 78F with no humidity.  Almost like a late September day.  Progged to be cooler tomorrow and then the furnace gets turned back on.

Currently 76F and sunny (the few cumulus around earlier are mostly gone) w/dp 49F & w/winds light to calm.

77.5F   /  DP 49F  /  RH 39% (Really nice)

Pretty sure this little cell will intensify moving east into something historic and nail me in a couple hours...pretty damn sure of this!

cell.jpg

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Some rain starting to kick in...

sr.jpg

Looks like that came through here just after 2:30 am.  Got 0.12" out of it.  Currently 60F and mostly cloudy although there is some pre-sunrise light trying to peep through the clouds.

10 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

77.5F   /  DP 49F  /  RH 39% (Really nice)

Pretty sure this little cell will intensify moving east into something historic and nail me in a couple hours...pretty damn sure of this!

cell.jpg

Nice call!!

But seriously, I wasn't paying attention, was rain in the forecast for last night?? I was surprised to be woken up by that heavy shower around 2:00am.

4 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Nice call!!

But seriously, I wasn't paying attention, was rain in the forecast for last night?? I was surprised to be woken up by that heavy shower around 2:00am.

Scattered showers....hit or miss. It was good for the grass...good for the garden.