Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Convective Thread

weatherwiz

8 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Could the smoke sabotage this?  You can stand in the sun and not even feel any warmth, kind of like during the eclipse.

I mean there probably isn't much to sabotage in the first place, but I don't think the smoke will factor significantly. CON already up to 79, MHT 81. That's about all we needed today.

Besides, it's a high shear/low CAPE day, so we just need a little 0-3km CAPE to get the job done.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I mean there probably isn't much to sabotage in the first place, but I don't think the smoke will factor significantly. CON already up to 79, MHT 81. That's about all we needed today.

Besides, it's a high shear/low CAPE day, so we just need a little 0-3km CAPE to get the job done.

Oh, hadn't checked temps elsewhere.  It was 70 here when I wrote the post and it didn't feel very damaging.  Up to 73.7 now.

Camera batteries are on the charger.

7 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Poked my head outside to check the towers going up and noted how much tilt the updrafts had. Not surprising given the shear over the area, but that effectively makes the updrafts "taller" than they appear on radar.

So I would knock thresholds down a few ticks from normal.

watching house cams from work. Looks very dark, but no RN yet.

3 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

From the last set of showers last night? If so, 3" is crazy. The line looked good on radar but must have fizzled as I only recorded 0.05" in the third round. 1.46" for all of yesterday.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That was total storm precip of all three lines that came thru.

IMG_2250.JPG

Archived