Jump to content
  • Welcome to American Weather

    Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
KPITSnow

Pittsburgh PA spring 2017

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

Not to mention the gfs slightly trended to the Euro. 

I thought the 18z did take a step towards the Euro, not much but slightly. Verbatim GFS is 6-8, which I would call a win in this winter and at this time of year for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mailman said:

The warm tongue looms.

I think we should be ok on the warm tongue, if the northern stream comes in that far north then the whole storm is probably not that good for anyone South of NY and NE. The dry slot though could be an issue, when you have these transfers as the energy goes from the inland low to the coastal somewhere in-between gets screwed usually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still am very hesitant to get my hopes up but it is fun to wait for the models coming out. (DAMN.. I hate this hobby)

One thing that I always try to remember is don't dwell on other cities and regions and what they are going to get. Only worry about ourselves. The storm on 1993 was one of the biggest with the 24 hour 24 inch snow but there were areas east of Pgh in Md, Central Pa and Central NY that received 30-40 inches. We will never be the most but you take what you get. If we get a foot on any storm and Philly gets 2 feet so be it. We take what we get otherwise you will NEVER be satisfied. :guitar:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, north pgh said:

I still am very hesitant to get my hopes up but it is fun to wait for the models coming out. (DAMN.. I hate this hobby)

One thing that I always try to remember is don't dwell on other cities and regions and what they are going to get. Only worry about ourselves. The storm on 1993 was one of the biggest with the 24 hour 24 inch snow but there were areas east of Pgh in Md, Central Pa and Central NY that received 30-40 inches. We will never be the most but you take what you get. If we get a foot on any storm and Philly gets 2 feet so be it. We take what we get otherwise you will NEVER be satisfied. :guitar:

I try to do that. I honestly wouldn't be that upset if we got 8-12 and everyone else got 2 feet. It's when people get 2-3 feet and we get an inch that I feel snake biten. Anyway not drinking tonight so I'll be here for the 0z runs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

I try to do that. I honestly wouldn't be that upset if we got 8-12 and everyone else got 2 feet. It's when people get 2-3 feet and we get an inch that I feel snake biten. Anyway not drinking tonight so I'll be here for the 0z runs. 

I hate when my back yard misses out by 50-75 miles, that really stings. If a storm is a complete miss or we miss by a large area its not as bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an old EURO map from I think last year that is the highest snow I have ever seen depicted for our area.  I am trying to bring good juju with the EURO tonight.  Some of those GFS Mean Members would be near this map.  

Euro.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, colonel717 said:

This is an old EURO map from I think last year that is the highest snow I have ever seen depicted for our area.  I am trying to bring good juju with the EURO tonight.  Some of those GFS Mean Members would be near this map.  

Euro.JPG

Drinking a hop juju now trying to force this west!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, southpark said:

Watching the run it seems like the good rates were just to our east though.

 

Agreed but it looks a little wonky on qpf and snow totals. One thing to take away is it didn't shift east. Now hopefully the gfs stays or shifts slightly west. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rd9108 said:

Agreed but it looks a little wonky on qpf and snow totals. One thing to take away is it didn't shift east. Now hopefully the gfs stays or shifts slightly west. 

You are right on the wonky part of that system. If you watch the MSLP, it is all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×