joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh PA spring 2017

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

hahahaha At this point if we are to only get between 1-2 in, I want it to go so far OTS that the the USAwx folks lose their minds. They have been talking like this could be crazy historic. Watching the meltdown would make this better

Normally I'd totally agree with you, but I think this time some of them might actually commit suicide if that were to occur.

11 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

hahahaha At this point if we are to only get between 1-2 in, I want it to go so far OTS that the the USAwx folks lose their minds. They have been talking like this could be crazy historic. Watching the meltdown would make this better

Yep, Josh would lose it. Its like me rooting for the Caps, Flyers, Ravens and such to lose if Pgh teams dont wint.  I want full on chaos now.. 

On 3/8/2017 at 11:46 AM, north pgh said:

(Don't mean to rain on everyone's parade but I see the GFS for the next week giving us over a foot of snow with these systems. I see the Canadian giving us 2 or 3. Unfortunately I put my money on the Canadian given our history. I would take half of the GFS but maybe we will luck out on one of these waives.)

I found this post of mine above from Wednesday. It looks like the Canadian still owns the GFS in longer range predicting.

Where did everyone go? Thinking we still might have  3-5 type scenario at least. Of course we have that damn line through the County as usual. Remember folks still 2 days away.

One difference from the 12z to the 18z is the upper level low tracks a little more south keeping the warm tongue down near the Pa Wv Border keeping the rain snow mix south giving us another inch or 2 o snow. Notice how all the amounts are coming down all over the east. Amounts that were getting 12+ may only get 8 or even less. I'll take 6 while others take 8. This still has the potential to be one of the biggest snows of the year again for me.

1 hour ago, north pgh said:

Where did everyone go? Thinking we still might have  3-5 type scenario at least. Of course we have that damn line through the County as usual. Remember folks still 2 days away.

I'm more of a nowcast, data junkie kind of weather weinie.  I can't really add anything that's already been posted. 

I have a brother in Trenton, NJ who I'm giving sh*t to last couple of days.  They always get at least one big one every year.

Archived