• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

44 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

When the snow is that deep on roofs don't people get concerned about the structural integrity of the roof?  I get nervous if there's 18-24 inches on my roof. 

Everybody is shoveling roofs up here now.  This one was done about 10 days ago

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LEWIS COUNTY... 1 E OSCEOLA 38.0 700 AM 2/03 COOP OBSERVER 1 NW CONSTABLEVILLE 35.0 700 AM 2/03 COCORAHS GLENFIELD 13.1 700 AM 2/03 COOP OBSERVER ...OSWEGO COUNTY... REDFIELD 59.0 1200 PM 2/03 TRAINED SPOTTER BENNETTS BRIDGE 27.0 700 AM 2/03 COOP OBSERVER 6 E LACONA 16.0 700 AM 2/03 COCORAHS 1 NE PULASKI 14.0 700 AM 2/03 COCORAHS ...

redfield at 59" and counting and I bet 5-10 miles north is upwards of 70" already.

3 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

PM me your numbers. I think we're doing it.

Good luck guys.  Drove through some bands last week at night and it was pretty scary - very grim viz and the snowfall wasn't as heavy as this. Saw a car lose it on rte 12 north of utica. My passenger had google maps out so we could predict the upcoming turns it was so bad.   

36 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Are you guys going and when???

Devin has the big truck and just texted me he's not able to go tonight. I would go but I wouldn't get very far in my car. ^_^

I have off tomorrow so would be willing to go tonight or tomorrow. He's chased there several times and I haven't yet so quite dangerous to go alone. Do you have a big truck?

56 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Devin has the big truck and just texted me he's not able to go tonight. I would go but I wouldn't get very far in my car. ^_^

I have off tomorrow so would be willing to go tonight or tomorrow. He's chased there several times and I haven't yet so quite dangerous to go alone. Do you have a big truck?

Nope...old sedan, lol!  Well, that's OK, band is heading this way....I'll wait and accept a couple inches per hour for a couple hours, lol!

Thinking an inch perhaps 2 through tonight, lol??  Heard from the NE thread that the EURO is still flip flopping with next Mon-Wed event?  Canceled my Weatherbell sub as I didn't feel like paying 24.99 for models cause I'm absolutely sick of JB and D'Aleo.  Maue is smart as he stays behind the scenes, lol!

40 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

This diminished band is gonna come as far South as Great Northern Mall and stop till tomorrow morning when it'll head back North.  Never knew it was so hard to sustain a NW flow in the Winter, and I'm saying this cause it's NOT supposed to be, lol, WTF????

Very possible Ty(?) This winter fuc_ing blows. I am so sick of it. I think we torch to 45 to 50 Tuesday night and Wednesday morning followed by multiple bands by Thursday morning. We can't sustain a snowpack here. I have been telling my friends that we are the first to lose snowmobiling based on latitude due to a warming earth. Not selling my new sled but it gets discouraging. Only 20 miles or so from a huge heat source. Next winter will be better I hope.  GFS Meso from Buffalo still shows an intense band for 3 to 5 hours in our neck of the woods. Onondaga County has not had a blizzard warning in 24 years. Arctic Cat was just bought out by a Textron. Smart move on their part. This should be moved to banter thread! LOL

47 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

This diminished band is gonna come as far South as Great Northern Mall and stop till tomorrow morning when it'll head back North.  Never knew it was so hard to sustain a NW flow in the Winter, and I'm saying this cause it's NOT supposed to be, lol, WTF????

Nah....I think NWS BGM will issue advisories the next couple hours...this will move in our (and Brian's) area around 10-11:30pm...and linger for a 3-5 hours....think we get a solid 4-7" out of this....may JUST get into SYR proper....for a bit....

2 minutes ago, phoenixny said:

Very possible Ty(?) This winter fuc_ing blows. I am so sick of it. I think we torch to 45 to 50 Tuesday night and Wednesday morning followed by multiple bands by Thursday morning. We can't sustain a snowpack here. I have been telling my friends that we are the first to lose snowmobiling based on latitude due to a warming earth. Not selling my new sled but it gets discouraging. Only 20 miles or so from a huge heat source. Next winter will be better I hope.  GFS Meso from Buffalo still shows an intense band for 3 to 5 hours in our neck of the woods. Onondaga County has not had a blizzard warning in 24 years. Arctic Cat was just bought out by a Textron. Smart move on their part. This should be moved to banter thread! LOL

Don't give up hope!  I think we still see a good 4-5 weeks of solid winter starting late next week....and you'll get 5-9" tonight...

BTW, if you look at the King City radar, the Geo. Bay band will begin to seed the NW'n part of Ontario, which will help to re orient the sagging band, which will help to intensify it around 3am, and it MAY hold it to the south a bit longer, if we can also get the circulation pattern associated with the Geo Band to invigorate the Ontario band.....ie ....seeding plus circulation transport downstream equals a more quasi-stationary structure....one that the models don't necessarily handle well...

2 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

BTW, if you look at the King City radar, the Geo. Bay band will begin to seed the NW'n part of Ontario, which will help to re orient the sagging band, which will help to intensify it around 3am, and it MAY hold it to the south a bit longer, if we can also get the circulation pattern associated with the Geo Band to invigorate the Ontario band.....ie ....seeding plus circulation transport downstream equals a more quasi-stationary structure....one that the models don't necessarily handle well...

Sure hope so George. Models have been spitting out a pretty intense cyclone next week on occasion which will make it interesting at the very least. Latest GFS down to a 970 north of LO. Would think a wind event at the very least if that came to fruition. 

I will stop after this as this has been discussed before but why the hell does Buffalo have Phoenix in 18-24 for snowfall? We picked up 5" since Wednesday and I realize that is a total from Wednesday through Saturday. Fulton is just on the 24 to 30 line. Done ranting. Overly generous.

37 minutes ago, phoenixny said:

I will stop after this as this has been discussed before but why the hell does Buffalo have Phoenix in 18-24 for snowfall? We picked up 5" since Wednesday and I realize that is a total from Wednesday through Saturday. Fulton is just on the 24 to 30 line. Done ranting. Overly generous.

And where I live, which is about 8 miles downwind from you but in the BGM forecast area, is not even under a lake snow advisory!

Can we just get a 967 mb bomb to NYC? Is that a lot to ask for? It actually is! Brian has been spot on most of time over the years(rational thinking). What was up with that Phoenix closing yesterday too?  That was a gift. I am posting in between beers as wife and kids are out of the house. Nice!

Archived