Newest Member
    joxey
1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.

John1122

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BlunderStorm said:

Weather In Motion From the weather channel has the snow advance from over the blue ridge instead of up the valley.https://weather.com/weather/radar/interactive/l/24260:4:US?animation=true

It will but its still important to look upstream which is SW what happens in AL and MS is important as well for those of us further to the west than your area.  The moisture will come over the mountains but the trajectory of moisture will be primarily from the SW and SSW.

4 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:

It will but its still important to look upstream which is SW what happens in AL and MS is important as well for those of us further to the west than your area.  The moisture will come over the mountains but the trajectory of moisture will be primarily from the SW and SSW.

It's awkward considering the snow advances towards the NE but the coverage rises at  much sharper northern fashion. At some points a little NNW

7 minutes ago, BlunderStorm said:

It's awkward considering the snow advances towards the NE but the coverage rises at  much sharper northern fashion.

Thats due to the low rounding the bend, which changes the trajectory as it passes to our south.  So both in essence are important to watch.  I would say with this storm its more important to watch the SW and SSW, as this low isn't running right along the coast with the typical strong fetch of throw back moisture that you in your neck of the woods get from typical Miller A storms.  

1 minute ago, ShawnEastTN said:

Thats due to the low turning while OTS, which changes the trajectory as it passes to our south.  So both in essence are important to watch.  I would say with this storm its more important to watch the SW and SSW, as this low isn't running right along the coast with the typical strong fetch of throw back moisture that you in your neck of the woods from typical Miller A storms.  

Always good to learn a little more thanks.

1 minute ago, ShawnEastTN said:

Don't learn from me!  LOL  I'm a novice at best.  I learn more and more every year.

Most of us are novices here.  And just observing and learning from one other.   We're all family here. . .

Now let's all sing. . .   

Sorry.  Had too much happy water.  :pepsi:

Just now, BlunderStorm said:

I have very little if any meteorological experience or knowledge in relative terms compared to you though. Still a lot better than the general public however.

There are a lot of seasoned guys on here you will learn a lot.  I however am not one of them.  I learn a lot from from everyone here but Carver, John, Jax, of course our regular METs Jeff, and Bob they really to me are the knowledge keepers, but everyone really contributes bits that are really helpful honestly.  Its also amazing because all of us are in a similar respective region, but we all in our areas have our own little micro climates that are interesting in their own rights too.  That also tends to effect how we learn, based on what we are used to for our area.  

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived