joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh PA Winter 2016-2017

north pgh

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty much all for spring at this point. Today's forecast is sunny and a high of 30. That's the worst. Nothing worse than a cold dry day. If it's going to be sunny, it may as well be warm. We're not going to get anything substantial at this point. The long range models have been awful this winter. They keep fooling us into thinking there's a chance of a big storm and then it just goes away. It'll be nice to see the mild air come back next week. I hate days like today when cold air is completely wasted. That's my rant. And no, I'm not "Pittsburgh Rants" who I know keeps showing up in here in different forms. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, blackngoldrules said:

I'm pretty much all for spring at this point. Today's forecast is sunny and a high of 30. That's the worst. Nothing worse than a cold dry day. If it's going to be sunny, it may as well be warm. We're not going to get anything substantial at this point. The long range models have been awful this winter. They keep fooling us into thinking there's a chance of a big storm and then it just goes away. It'll be nice to see the mild air come back next week. I hate days like today when cold air is completely wasted. That's my rant. And no, I'm not "Pittsburgh Rants" who I know keeps showing up in here in different forms. Lol

Come on you know this will verify..

post-27372-1488626793_thumb.jpg

2 minutes ago, colonel717 said:

Too bad its in the familiar 9-10 day fantasy land but potential there in next 2 weeks for something big.   

I woke up to chaos all over the weather boards. Now we just gotta see if the gfs can get back on board. I doubt the Euro shows a similar solution at 12z again. 

1 minute ago, Rd9108 said:

I woke up to chaos all over the weather boards. Now we just gotta see if the gfs can get back on board. I doubt the Euro shows a similar solution at 12z again. 

Maybe that whiner USAWx will come back today and get blamed when storm goes away on the next run...I see you post a little there.

4 minutes ago, colonel717 said:

Too bad its in the familiar 9-10 day fantasy land but potential there in next 2 weeks for something big.   

Yeah, both the GFS and EURO want to keep digging a trough in the east through the period.

The WAR/SE ridge does want to push back at the same time, so it will be interesting to see who wins the most.

5 minutes ago, colonel717 said:

Maybe that whiner USAWx will come back today and get blamed when storm goes away on the next run...I see you post a little there.

If our forum is dead I do. Also seems like there's some knowledgeable guys there. Even though some are babies. 

12 minutes ago, colonel717 said:

Wow... yeah that is a pretty incredible storm. If we get an area wide 12-24 inches I'd be happy irregardless of what any other regions get lol. That map is enough to at least bring me out of winter tracking retirement for this season. To bad that's not like 72 hours out, that type of thing probably gets this season to just about average for snow totals. Definitely an interesting period to watch, and March storms usually have a little extra powder in the keg if something lines up right to go boom.

Ha ha..JB getting called out

1. Even more fun and what I am going to use,not cause I buy it, , but cause it looks cool, Kuchera amounts on http://Weatherbell.com 

C6E7n2VWcAAlkPg.jpg
    7 replies7 retweets15 likes

Retweeted

@BigJoeBastardi When you post crap like this, it boggles my mind how you got a degree in meteorology. This is disgraceful & irresponsible

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

3 hours ago, blackngoldrules said:

Oh, we know you aren't rants, but I know who is for sure, and he is being a real troll in here recently.

19 minutes ago, blackngoldrules said:

The way the trend has been this winter, if that low is still around, it's probably going to end up cutting through Wisconsin.

Not surprising to see the Euro cave to GFS, I'm at least pulled back in enough to check the models 1-2 times a day until is clear nothing will happen lol :lol:

Archived