Newest Member
    joxey
Matthew

NWNC2015

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, packbacker said:

So we have models inside day 4 showing landfall anywhere from Boca to Daytona Beach to eastern NC to a whiff.  Euro up shortly.

Yeah what happened to our nice almost consensus last night lol.....but it wouldn't be a SE coast hurricane threat without all this nerve wracking crap....

7 minutes ago, packbacker said:

So we have models inside day 4 showing landfall anywhere from Boca to Daytona Beach to eastern NC to a whiff.  Euro up shortly.

4 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Yeah what happened to our nice almost consensus last night lol.....but it wouldn't be a SE coast hurricane threat without all this nerve wracking crap....

Crazy how we went from a good consensus with the model runs overnight to where we are now.

7 minutes ago, Lookout said:

Mathew could hardly take a better path to minimize land interaction.

GMO_loop.gif

Crazy how some Caribbean hurricanes play the dance around the island chains sometimes.  Some kind of frictional forcing I think is responsible for some of the storms seemingly dancing around Islands.

25 minutes ago, Stormsfury said:

Crazy how some Caribbean hurricanes play the dance around the island chains sometimes.  Some kind of frictional forcing I think is responsible for some of the storms seemingly dancing around Islands.

Indeed. I've been wondering though if there could be some sort of pull inland from land interaction if it gets as close to the florida coast on a parallel course as  the models have been showing. Can't recall if it's more likely for a west to east, south to north, or east to west moving storm though.

12z navgem.....if only lol 

navgem_mslp_pcpn_us_18.png

5 minutes ago, kennedy said:

So guys I work in a hospital in SC, it is my understanding S.C highway patrol are being dispatched to Charleston and must be there by 6 pm tonight, sorry if I off topic............. 

Governor Haley will hold a press conference at 3:00 and address these things.  Lots of rumors flying. It will be carried at most SC news websites. 

35 minutes ago, Lookout said:

Indeed. I've been wondering though if there could be some sort of pull inland from land interaction if it gets as close to the florida coast on a parallel course as  the models have been showing. Can't recall if it's more likely for a west to east, south to north, or east to west moving storm though.

12z navgem.....if only lol 

navgem_mslp_pcpn_us_18.png

I really don't know.  I can think of other examples that barreled right over the islands as well, so wondering sometimes if its from the steering environment itself getting entangled with frictional land interaction...or weaker steering flow making TC's more prone to wobbles...or structural inmer core disruption due to land interaction which causes the system as a whole to become an unbalanced top?

Archived