Total Members
    Most Online
    ISeekSnow
    Newest Member
    ISeekSnow
lookingnorth

Plains States Observations and Discussion Thread

On 8/23/2019 at 10:18 AM, lookingnorth said:

We got some nice thunderstorms here in Norman last night. It was the most significant rain we got since I returned here in late June. I really liked the cool weather this morning. Also, am I the only person from Oklahoma and states north on this forum? I feel like there's almost no one from my area for whatever reason.

Maybe Oklahoma City is getting a very wet August?  By the way, 87mph wind report near Piedmont, OK. I have heard that there was a probable tornado near Edmond.

pnCmVRl.jpg

18 hours ago, Chinook said:

Maybe Oklahoma City is getting a very wet August?  By the way, 87mph wind report near Piedmont, OK. I have heard that there was a probable tornado near Edmond.

pnCmVRl.jpg

Yeah we had a bunch of storms last night, but it was worse just north of me. The OKC airport had its fifth wettest August on record (data since 1948).

On 9/27/2019 at 1:39 PM, lookingnorth said:

We may finally get below 60F for the first time this fall in about a week. It would be the latest first sub-60F low on record by about 5 days.

We're still trying to get below 70F here lol. Monday morning looks promising.

• Like 1

Yesterday, 7.1" snow fell in Bismarck. That easily surpassed the previous daily record for October 10 of 2.3" from 1959. In addition, it was the earliest daily snowfall of 6" or more on record. The prior record was established on October 23, 1991.

• Like 3