• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Predict the Date: First Bonafide Nor'Easter of the Season

Rtd208

Every year around this time I like to get things started for the upcoming fall and winter season with the "Predict the Date" of the first bonafide nor'easter of the season be it rain and or snow. I think this year we may start things off a little later then usual but hopefully this overall quite period of weather will end in a big way and lead us into a a stormy fall and winter with plenty of nor'easters to track.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

I vote no.

It was snowing like hell around here with the front (not sticking) around 9:30 - 10:30 but not a traditional nor'easter around these parts. More north...

I was kinda joking really, but a surface low did form off the coast and it would fit the definition.  But agree, most impacts of the actual system are further north.

Siberia, siberia, siberia..

with such an unusually strong and consistently cold pattern continuing over Siberia for the next 2 weeks plus..   (when you hear their closing schools in Russia , just from the cold...you know it's bad) 

I wouldn't be surprised to see this winter last longer than other winters, for the U.S.   A record cold Spring wouldn't surprise me.  

With the PV more spread out, and not piling up the cold near the north pole, like it typically does this time of year.... expect a more spread-out cold pattern..  with lesser chances of brutally cold outbreaks , but higher chances of generally cold outbreaks.  (0 to 30F )

A late start , but it'll hang around.  

February - April could be the most interesting, winter storm wise. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/20/2016 at 1:36 PM, Sophisticated Skeptic said:

Siberia, siberia, siberia..

with such an unusually strong and consistently cold pattern continuing over Siberia for the next 2 weeks plus..   (when you hear their closing schools in Russia , just from the cold...you know it's bad) 

I wouldn't be surprised to see this winter last longer than other winters, for the U.S.   A record cold Spring wouldn't surprise me.  

With the PV more spread out, and not piling up the cold near the north pole, like it typically does this time of year.... expect a more spread-out cold pattern..  with lesser chances of brutally cold outbreaks , but higher chances of generally cold outbreaks.  (0 to 30F )

A late start , but it'll hang around.  

February - April could be the most interesting, winter storm wise. 

;)

Archived