• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Possible 3/20-3/21 Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

NOAA just did a study on it and their new hi res model forecasts some of the quickest SST warming 

globally due to the weakening AMOC drawing the Gulf Stream further NW.

I think the risk of a much stronger hurricane for the Northeast coast is becoming much more likely if it persists.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another abysmal GFS performance. It's clear where this is headed. GFS is out to lunch yet again. I expect good agreement at 0z tonight, this is all but certain to be a very major late March snowstorm.

Well that does it. I'm fully in storm mode now. When snowman19 gives in to a potential major snow event, you better take cover! :mapsnow:

EPS west of the OP right across Cape Cod instead of just east.

Maybe the new Euro has a slight east bias since the EPS have

been coming in west much of the time so far with this storm.

Can remember the old OP west of hi res with many coastals

this winter. A day before the blizzard the old Euro had 15 for

me and the new only 8.

Taking this for what it's worth, does that push the heavier precipitation back farther west or are we still looking similar to the OP?

honestly I don't think NYC gets less than anyone around say north jersey especially if this takes a benchmark track. Reason why is cause this is a coastal storm therefore, as long as our surface temps are below freezing, we will accumulate cause it will be heavy wet snow. The ratios won't be as good in the city but the city will get more accumulated precipitation and it'll be windier resulting similar accumulations. East of Islip id be worried about white rain/taint or mixed precipitation, otherwise this is an all snow event for NYC

If you account for a slight shift back to the East, then this ends up just inside the BM, with a track right over the twin forks and then Cape Cod. Currently, this has room to come even further West given the changes I've seen aloft.

The Euro has the best banding over NJ and Interior NY, which is why that area does the best.

If you account for a slight shift back to the East, then this ends up just inside the BM, with a track right over the twin forks and then Cape Cod. Currently, this has room to come even further West given the changes I've seen aloft.

The Euro has the best banding over NJ and Interior NY, which is why that area does the best.

technically according to EURO; NYC is included also in the best banding which I believe the final outcome can be. Your town to about New Haven CT will be in the best banding . Take a look2e145118a993a59cf7e66ba275d1a5af.jpg

Sent from MAM

technically according to EURO; NYC is included also in the best banding which I believe the final outcome can be. Your town to about New Haven CT will be in the best banding . Take a look

Sent from MAM

Well either way, as the system pulls away, the best banding will get dragged East. And since this never closes off at H5 until past us, it will continue deepening until it reaches NNE.

banding won't be nailed down till the event is actually happening,as of right now any low not over or west of n.y.c is a win.of note,the cold air is NOT a fading cold so it's going to snow unless your in the eastern parts of the area and dry slotting occurs snow,snain,back to snow for them.i'm going with a I-95 SPECIAL WITH THIS ONE!

Agreed. This can be a heartbreaker for NYC area.

this isn't accurate. According to euro this is a coastal snowstorm, leaving NYC with high winds and heavy wet snow. U may be talking about twin forks that could have an inch or two as the storm pulls out

Edit: this is a big storm, NYC will cash in cause it's a bit closer to the storm resulting bigger accumulated precipitation but lower ratios, ulster and north jersey will have less accumulated precipitation but colder and lower wind speeds resulting much higher ratios, still a general 12-24 inches is possible except for extreme Long Island. Unless this storm trends west which I doubt!

Archived