• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
GHD III Winter Storm February 1st-3rd (Part 2)

Powerball

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The differences aloft between it and the GFS are crazy.

Gotta be honest, I was expecting the NAM to trend toward the other guidance. It's still not good enough here and I hate putting full trust in it but maybe a shred of hope for some of you guys just to my north.

Gotta be honest, I was expecting the NAM to trend toward the other guidance. It's still not good enough here and I hate putting full trust in it but maybe a shred of hope for some of you guys just to my north.

Was just talking to Caplan and said the same thing, was expecting it to trend towards the GFS but it got even weaker

The GFS has next to no CAPE up here but I'm sure it's going to be warmer in the warm sector than the GFS shows. So it'll be interesting to watch the NAM. 750 MUCAPE is certainly plenty.

Yeah the GFS is blowing the boundary layer with this one. It isn't going to be this cool in the warm sector not with that strong of advection.

Ramsey forecast like playing the powerball. Been ignoring it for close to 30 years.

Haha true. Just wanted to show the RPM. Looks like a southern version of the GFS.

It almost sounded like he wants snow.

Anyways -

The GFS.

prateptypeconus.png

There will not be any pronounced SE trend unless the lead wave is stronger. That lead wave was initially going to lay out a favorable baroclinic zone for my area even. Now with a weaker lead wave that possibility is zilch. When the Euro and GFS basically agree it's game on/over depending on your location generally. I'm not holding out much hope here in my area. And the seasonal trend has been to cut these lows right up over Eastern Iowa/northern Illinois. Let's see what he Euro does later tonight....

Archived