joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 22-23 Winter Storm Event..."The Middle Tennessee Mauler"

Carvers Gap

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. It's further north than the CMC/UK/Euro/JMA/NoGaps etc etc.

It is holding steady for sure.  I agree.  Interesting to see the NWS really hug the GFS.  Just wondering if they know something we don't.  Either that or they don't like seeing the American model suite get trumped.  Even the NAM is pretty good looking now.  Have heard the Euro Parallel is iffy.

Wow. Those are big numbers. Do you have access to the 0z Euro Parallel? Have heard it looked rough. Any ideas?

It was almost the same. Generally lighter amounts across the state but it almost mirrors the OP. The 6+ line in NETN is generally the same. I did look at the mean and it is really good.

The GEFS at 12z is simply a beautiful run for a good chunk of Tennessee, especially the northern 1/2.  Time will tell, but this is colder than the OP and it depicts the low going from central LA, into central AL and then cruising almost due east!  Mean snow maps should be pretty.

I like the sound of that! Besides, I got a good snow fix today. Heck, almost all of us have to admit that we have some years where we dont even have anything good to track much less the possibility of a good snowfall, so, all things considered, I couldnt be more pleased, course I would be beyond words if I could get a snowfall deep enough for Sumner County to actually put the plow blade down!

The GEFS at 12z is simply a beautiful run for a good chunk of Tennessee, especially the northern 1/2. Time will tell, but this is colder than the OP and it depicts the low going from central LA, into central AL and then cruising almost due east! Mean snow maps should be pretty.

Here she is!

1ecdb38c4f5e3b090b72a8e09aa5eb73.jpg

Archived