joxey
Jan 22-23 Winter Storm Event..."The Middle Tennessee Mauler"

Carvers Gap

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this on Twitter. Might explain NAM's track: WXSOUTH ‏@WxSouth

NAM has issue when mid level

circ hits base of Apps and Miller B in general. Euro implies 7h, 5h and 850 lows will roll thru n. GA. into SC

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Very much looks like the new data ingested into the model is what caused the shift. RGEM is going to show almost the exact solution.

Gotta be honest, I follow Robert quite a bit and think he's a pretty accurate forecaster, but to see the generous outline of mod/heavy snow has me a bit perplexed. This thing would definitely have to bomb out big time and take a more southern and eastern track to come even close to verifying. Btw, I'm interpreting heavy here as 20-30" and mod/heavy as 10-20"?

Edit: Welp, I have no idea how to upload images here but hopefully some of you know what I'm referencing

0z GFS snow axis is well north. The Valley is flooded with waa. The new data is in the model. Gotta be real. This one has probably passed us by... Was great following the thing the past few days. Veteran members stick around. New folks stay with us. Can't really blame a forecaster on this one. Better data ingest equals more accurate solutions. In this case, it appears the more accurate solution is not over most of TN. Tough luck. The way it goes sometimes. Thoroughly have enjoyed it.

0z GFS snow axis is well north. The Valley is flooded with waa. The new data is in the model. Gotta be real. This one has probably passed us by... Was great following the thing the past few days. Veteran members stick around. New folks stay with us. Can't really blame a forecaster on this one. Better data ingest equals more accurate solutions. In this case, it appears the more accurate solution is not over most of TN. Tough luck. The way it goes sometimes. Thoroughly have enjoyed it.

484ab61ae625160acd6e3cc71cc460e5.jpg

We'll see if the Euro comes north. The GFS and NAM have solidly maintained their track. It's about timing with those two. The euro, jma and ukie have been track and timing. Something has to give soon with one of them or one is going to bust by a few hundred miles.

All about better data IMO...the GFS has had the primary in southwest KY, SE KY, northern AL this week. Euro has been pretty steady for four or five days in primary and secondary placement. But make not mistake, changes are coming on the Euro tonight. And really the NAM is just now coming into range. Not really the fault of any of the models. Just better data. This happened last year over North Carolina for the "blizzard that never was." But overall, the Euro has led the way in the general placement of big snows over the MA. It has rarely wavered once it locked into that solution. That should stay the same. And is the solution of the current 0z. GFS.

We'll see if the Euro comes north. The GFS and NAM have solidly maintained their track. It's about timing with those two. The euro, jma and ukie have been track and timing. Something has to give soon with one of them or one is going to bust by a few hundred miles.

That and the GEFS which was further S than the euro

Wow..My totals have been cut in half..Hard to believe this close to a storm that big of change..Guess that's what i get for wishing devastation..lol

In half?  My totals got cut in whole.  The NAM said "see that guy in that one particular spot in west Knox county?  Blank him in particular!"  Zero, pretty funny.  Anyway, it's just a couple of runs, but I'm definitely interested in seeing where the Euro goes tonight.  The ensembles, especially the GEFS have me mildly confident for a couple or three inches.  We'll see.

In half?  My totals got cut in whole.  The NAM said "see that guy in that one particular spot in west Knox county?  Blank him in particular!"  Zero, pretty funny.  Anyway, it's just a couple of runs, but I'm definitely interested in seeing where the Euro goes tonight.  The ensembles, especially the GEFS have me mildly confident for a couple or three inches.  We'll see.

Stove, how does the gefs look. I am assuming it has support from its other members due to other models being very similar. How does the gefs clown look?

Stove, how does the gefs look. I am assuming it has support from its other members due to other models being very similar. How does the gefs clown look?

My GEFS comment was based off 18z, don't reckon 0z is out yet.

Edit:  18z had a mean of 4-5 inches all the way down to like Cleveland.

Archived