joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/19-1/20 mid-week storm potential

Bsudweather

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was alot more than flurries or rain , south of 85, which is all they said on all local tv weather today! Was it a blizzard , no, bust, yes

Considering our local mets said there was a small chance of a dusting and maybe even some slick spots on roads during rush hour because of how cold the ground is, I would say they called it just fine here.  There hasn't been enough moisture yet for a dusting, looks like there will be as its coming, but either way, not a bust.  99% of the time these produce nothing and if they do, it is so spotty its impossible to get right.

Considering our local mets said there was a small chance of a dusting and maybe even some slick spots on roads during rush hour because of how cold the ground is, I would say they called it just fine here.  There hasn't been enough moisture yet for a dusting, looks like there will be as its coming, but either way, not a bust.  99% of the time these produce nothing and if they do, it is so spotty its impossible to get right.

It doesn't really constitute a "bust". Hyperbole is strong in the forums.

It was alot more than flurries or rain , south of 85, which is all they said on all local tv weather today! Was it a blizzard , no, bust, yes

I think you unfairly expect perfection out NWS GSP and the local TV mets, Mack.  It's a thankless job that they have, and you do a good job letting them know that.  I doubt they appreciate it, though.  ;)

Archived