Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 23-27th Storm System's/Severe Weather Potential

HillsdaleMIWeather

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although the moderate risk area is certainly concerning, I don't think the northward threats should be minimized as Chicago Storm pointed out for us.  Getting some patchy sunshine here ne of Indpls at the moment.

Yep, it's starting to come around now and again. Temp up to 61 and looks like a tornado watch has been issued to our southwest. Interested to see what will happen after this first round as well.

high risk upgrade with 30% tor at 1630z? 4k nam has two lines of supercells at 0z now. it shows the primary line extends from indianapolis to memphis to jackson ms and the secondary line extending from milwaukee/chicago down to near little rock. secondary line looks like it will be in a prime env, and cells will be very discrete, so we probably can't rule out a violent tor or two in central il.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PADUCAH KY
946 AM CST WED DEC 23 2015

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PADUCAH HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
EASTERN CARTER COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN MISSOURI...

* UNTIL 1015 AM CST

* AT 946 AM CST...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A
TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR HUNTER...OR 7 MILES SOUTHEAST OF VAN
BUREN...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 55 MPH.

HAZARD...TORNADO AND QUARTER SIZE HAIL.

SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED ROTATION.

IMPACT...FLYING DEBRIS WILL BE DANGEROUS TO THOSE CAUGHT WITHOUT
SHELTER. MOBILE HOMES WILL BE DAMAGED OR DESTROYED.
DAMAGE TO ROOFS...WINDOWS AND VEHICLES WILL OCCUR. TREE
DAMAGE IS LIKELY.

* THIS DANGEROUS STORM WILL BE NEAR...
ELLSINORE AROUND 955 AM CST.

I don't know if this helps much, but, listening to ATC on the scanner, heard a report of "winds are 170 at 50 knots" since we don't have winds blowing like that at the surface right now, I am assuming it was from an aircraft at higher altitudes, and I believe it was on the O'Hare Approach frequency.  

I don't know if this helps much, but, listening to ATC on the scanner, heard a report of "winds are 170 at 50 knots" since we don't have winds blowing like that at the surface right now, I am assuming it was from an aircraft at higher altitudes, and I believe it was on the O'Hare Approach frequency.  

170 is almost directly south. 50 knots is pretty common in the lower levels in this type of setup.

Archived