• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter of 2015-16 Picture Thread

michsnowfreak

Great pictures Bo. Nice wintry scenes even though that amount of snow for you is scant.

What a difference between the Huron Mountains and Wishforsnow's front yard! Heck part of the lawns are still green.

yeah wow @ wishforsnow's area. And that's only about 45 miles as the crow flies(across the bay)from me.

Didn't get above freezing today. High is 31 so far and socked in with freezing fog. No snow melt today at all.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pictures Bo. Nice wintry scenes even though that amount of snow for you is scant.

What a difference between the Huron Mountains and Wishforsnow's front yard! Heck part of the lawns are still green.

Same thing out at my father's place. As of Saturday he still had a few inches of snow. He lives in the higher elevation south of Houghton.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Looks like you took those pics on Labor Day Geos.

Pretty sad to see one of my favorite local landmarks getting destroyed this past week.  A local church house that was built next to a graveyard in 1907 has been getting ripped to pieces by heavy equipment.  This was actually the 2nd church house built on this site, as the other one was torn down, and this one was rebuilt in it's place.  The original church house was built on that foundation back in 1841.  Sure is sad to think that every board that the heavy equip operators rip down was painstakingly measured/cut/constructed by some good folks that have probably been dead for over 50 years.  Sure wish they could have found a way to restore the church, or at least maintain what was built.  Time moves on, and has no forgiveness to prior tenants to the land.

25s20wy.jpg

2z9mzpj.jpg

3347xbb.jpg

o0uzoj.jpg

Here's some more info on this old church/graveyard site....

^ Looks like you took those pics on Labor Day Geos.

Pretty sad to see one of my favorite local landmarks getting destroyed this past week.  A local church house that was built next to a graveyard in 1907 has been getting ripped to pieces by heavy equipment.  This was actually the 2nd church house built on this site, as the other one was torn down, and this one was rebuilt in it's place.  The original church house was built on that foundation back in 1841.  Sure is sad to think that every board that the heavy equip operators rip down was painstakingly measured/cut/constructed by some good folks that have probably been dead for over 50 years.  Sure wish they could have found a way to restore the church, or at least maintain what was built.  Time moves on, and has no forgiveness to prior tenants to the land.

25s20wy.jpg

2z9mzpj.jpg

3347xbb.jpg

o0uzoj.jpg

Here's some more info on this old church/graveyard site....

Great post and pictures!

It looks so much more benign in the daylight... even as it's destroyed.

Nice snow pics above. Looking a little more winter like.

Only thing that was missing in those pics was leaves on the trees, then you could have passed it off as Labor Day! lol

Sad to see that old church go. It made for great pictures. Both the black and white and color one at night are awesome. Usually old abandoned buildings get demolished around here quickly. Can't really blame property owners... it attracts vandals and other types...

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pics geos. Outside of an actual snowfall happening, taking a walk in a wooded park on a dark gray day with bright white snow is my favorite. Thanks for bringing this thread out of dormancy :lol: Cant wait for that, we actually had a lot of sun with our November winter wonderland.

Nothing to see here, but did get these flakes on Jan 1st as I posted in this thread.

4527-800.jpg

If we went by Jonger rules Bo and Buffaloweather would only ones posting on this thread..... Maybe Josh from Gaylord.

I could post once in a great while too...lol. My snow depth usually makes it to about 3 feet at some point during a normal winter...but that's about the highest it can get before it compacts. All that fluff!

Archived