joxey
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter 2015-2016

meatwad

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fr rain has turned to snow here.

Seems to be moving west to east.

Don't know if we will accumulate much as the storm moves out.

I'm thinking an inch is probably the best any of us that are still raining can manage.

Roads were pretty bad until I got into Delmont this morning, from there South temps spiked from 32-33 to 38 degrees in Greensburg. I had a half inch of slushy sleet mixture on the car this morning and drive way was solid ice in some spots.

One things for sure, upper 40s are going to feel great this weekend.

Yeah, we probably have a shot to break 50 on Saturday, but both Friday and Sunday should make it well into the 40s. Of course prior to that we have one more chance for light snow showers Wed evening from the clipper, then a reinforcing shot at some cold so the ground will likely be covered by a glacier after all the rain soaked snow and sleet refreeze but I have little doubt the 50 with sunshine will have much trouble melting that down.

After that, our next storm shot looks to be 24th-26th. Ensembles have the track all over the place from to far west and to far east but that's the next potential threat window.

Yeah, we probably have a shot to break 50 on Saturday, but both Friday and Sunday should make it well into the 40s. Of course prior to that we have one more chance for light snow showers Wed evening from the clipper, then a reinforcing shot at some cold so the ground will likely be covered by a glacier after all the rain soaked snow and sleet refreeze but I have little doubt the 50 with sunshine will have much trouble melting that down.

After that, our next storm shot looks to be 24th-26th. Ensembles have the track all over the place from to far west and to far east but that's the next potential threat window.

I am not posting any maps until at least next Tuesday for that storm.  That storm from 0z GFS Para looks to be similar western apps track to this one, only stronger with potentially a lot more rain....I expect at some point over the next 7 days we will be shown as jackpot for 12-24 inches to get every ones hopes raised... 

I am not posting any maps until at least next Tuesday for that storm.  That storm from 0z GFS Para looks to be similar western apps track to this one, only stronger with potentially a lot more rain....I expect at some point over the next 7 days we will be shown as jackpot for 12-24 inches to get every ones hopes raised... 

I don't mind seeing the maps, even at a far out range. Part of the fun is seeing digital snowfall on the models. The viewer of said maps just needs to be grounded in reality that at range the map is only showing one possible solution, and its not until we get within 4 days do those represent likely outcomes.

I don't mind seeing the maps, even at a far out range. Part of the fun is seeing digital snowfall on the models. The viewer of said maps just needs to be grounded in reality that at range the map is only showing one possible solution, and its not until we get within 4 days do those represent likely outcomes.

Yes, the roller coaster ride is half the fun. Then seeing those models come to fruition.

Just gotta keep expectations low. Our area is tricky especially if theres any sign of a warm tongue.

I think part of the reason our expectations get so high is we see the east coast cities getting hit with 20-30" storms on what seems like a yearly basis. We just don't have the dynamics in play like they do. I've been getting better with not getting my hopes up too much and staying realistic with our climo. As a 19 year old on eastern I had to be unbearable lol.

I am really just getting frustrated by getting fringe only a county away on numerous occassions. Last year atleast storms trended 100 miles north at the last minute. Rant over

Feb 24-28 and March 4-8 are our next shots at winter storms. Now we wait for the first clown map that bullseye's us.

Archived