joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter 2015-2016

meatwad

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is surprising they weren't out pre-treating as that would essentially mitigate any of the zr threat.

I swear to you, when you are driving up 28, you can SEE where the Penndot district changes just after the high bridge over Buffalo Creek (about a mile north of the Freeport exit) by where the treated, well plowed roadway ends.

The district up in Armstrong is horrendous.  I don't know what their issue is, but they are horrible at maintaining the roads.  

6z gfs pounded out about 10"....likely aided by the western location of the airport. Basically advertising a backend thump which would seem to be possible with this track. Think NAM showed like 4"

Ahh the fabled backend thump, we'll see. I guess if you take the euro, nam, gfs you get about 5-8. I'll assume 1-3 and be happy with anything extra.

Yeah, the trend this winter has been for more opportunities than not.

This was always gonna have a better chance to be your winter to finally cash in, with the nino/southern stream storms.

The NWS should give you a part time job to measure snow at Hart Field.

It's been too long. Lol

I would take that job!

Looks like I'll be breaking out the rain gauge for this one, though.  Not much fun with the ruler.  :axe:

Ahh the fabled backend thump, we'll see. I guess if you take the euro, nam, gfs you get about 5-8. I'll assume 1-3 and be happy with anything extra.

Gotta love radar watching and praying the rain/snow line drops south. More times than not the changeover takes longers for us

Biggest problem is that regardless of how this "wabbles", it seems like generally speaking the heavier precip is associated with the warmer sector. So a tick to the colder solution would mean less QPF and vice versa

Not a lot of room. Not sure how Tolleris thinks that our area is in the thick of a widespread area that sees 4-8. Like i said, possible as shown on the earlier GFS, but i cant see forecasting that

Biggest problem is that regardless of how this "wabbles", it seems like generally speaking the heavier precip is associated with the warmer sector. So a tick to the colder solution would mean less QPF and vice versa

Not a lot of room. Not sure how Tolleris thinks that our area is in the thick of a widespread area that sees 4-8. Like i said, possible as shown on the earlier GFS, but i cant see forecasting that

Looks like we are going to need a lot more than a wobble..

acsnw_t3esblmn_f23.png

I swear to you, when you are driving up 28, you can SEE where the Penndot district changes just after the high bridge over Buffalo Creek (about a mile north of the Freeport exit) by where the treated, well plowed roadway ends.

The district up in Armstrong is horrendous.  I don't know what their issue is, but they are horrible at maintaining the roads.  

I grew up in South Buffalo (my parents still live there) and I can attest to this. It seems like once I get out of Freeport on old 28 the road conditions can change drastically and 28 itself is the same. I don't think its 100% Pendot because they can average 2-4 degrees colder than my location in New Kensington. Growing up there were numerous times it would be snowing at home, but in Frreeport it was rain.

Archived