joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter 2015-2016

meatwad

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like 540 line goes up thru western Ohio so not so good.  Would be upwards of 1.5 qpf

post-12737-1455382165_thumb.jpg

There is very little qpf in the cold sector for whatever reason. I'm sure a met could explain but I don't get it. The low also looks a bit elongated, so despite the fact the surface low is way south, I think that is how it managed to flood warm air up despite tracking SE of us.

There is very little qpf in the cold sector for whatever reason. I'm sure a met could explain but I don't get it. The low also looks a bit elongated, so despite the fact the surface low is way south, I think that is how it managed to flood warm air up despite tracking SE of us.

From what I can see, it appears that the trough over the upper lakes is not allowing the storm to develop any kind of trowl feature, pushing everything north and west of the low eastward.

From what I can see, it appears that the trough over the upper lakes is not allowing the storm to develop any kind of trowl feature, pushing everything north and west of the low eastward.

I thought that might have had something to do with it. If we had a high to the North not only would it help with the thermals but it would allow the precip field to expand.

I thought that might have had something to do with it. If we had a high to the North not only would it help with the thermals but it would allow the precip field to expand.

Yeah, too bad the trough and HP can't switch places.

I guess our only hope is for the GL trough to move further, and or weaken, allowing HP to build in a bit faster.

Archived