• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter 2015-2016

meatwad

I have seen this play out far too many times and 9/10 warm wins. Warm always wins in our area. Perfect track with no cold. Oh well maybe if it changes over we can get a few inches.

You can see the greens slowly edging their way further North and East on the radar. To bad we don't have a High in the same place we had one for the Blizzard that fringed us, then we might have a fighting chance.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn that stings a bit.

If that verifies I'd miss another significant snow by 27 miles. At that point all you can do is laugh. I think I saw in the OH thread the RAP and HRRR can have a slight cold bias when there is snow on the ground, and given the marginal setup even a degree off could make things look better than they are.

We may end up flipping the script from the January blizzard to this storm. Maybe anyone that got fringed or nothing at all from last month's storm will do well with this one and vice versa.

Or there might be a narrow band in between that gets screwed by both. :ph34r: I hope someone gets a bust in their favor with this though, such a shame to waste a workable storm track.

This is really kind of bizarre but I have moderate rain and 32.9 but rain is only freezing on roads and sidewalks. It must have something to do with the really cold temps over the weekend. Seeing on twitter that there are many accidents in different parts of the city. 

Yeah, I mentioned earlier that even though the air temps may be above freezing, there still might be surfaces that will freeze thanks to the recent arctic air and snow on the ground. I actually haven't been outside yet to check our roads here. 

I'm not buying the surface analysis....pressure fall data yes. WV shows this vort max continuing to dive and stretch north/south. Virtually neutral still....which is why our surface is only slowly migrating east. There may be a slight case from winds to show a minor circulation extreme SE TN, but the primary is heading E....maybe even ESE last hour or so in response to the diving vort max. Convection south almost one huge LEWP feeding off the 60+ degree air south of Macon. Very hard to think this will stay west of the App spine.

NAM. Seems to want to do a dual LP... one up each side of the Apps. Dominant of the two goes up the east side. 

Would match the pressure falls.

I'm not buying the surface analysis....pressure fall data yes. WV shows this vort max continuing to dive and stretch north/south. Virtually neutral still....which is why our surface is only slowly migrating east. There may be a slight case from winds to show a minor circulation extreme SE TN, but the primary is heading E....maybe even ESE last hour or so in response to the diving vort max. Convection south almost one huge LEWP feeding off the 60+ degree air south of Macon. Very hard to think this will stay west of the App spine.

NAM. Seems to want to do a dual LP... one up each side of the Apps. Dominant of the two goes up the east side.

Would match the pressure falls.

This could make things interesting at 12 21 am ?

Still getting sleet and rain, which is freezing on some surfaces. My street is starting to get a glossy look to it.

Well this radar image says it all, snow chances licked again by the warm tongue. (Pun intended!)

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Still getting sleet and rain, which is freezing on some surfaces. My street is starting to get a glossy look to it.

Well this radar image says it all, snow chances licked again by the warm tongue. (Pun intended!)

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Geez, that snow line is about 10-15 miles from my house. Might have to take a ride lol.

Archived