• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Fall/Into Winter!

Almost certainly will be in a weakened state tomorrow morning as the flow backs a little bit ahead of the approaching s/w. Tomorrow is really when activity should pick up, although I still think we see some better organization later this evening/tonight. Webcams from some areas near the Tug look like at least a few inches has fallen in places. It's just going to slowly accumulate over the next 48 hours or so.

Good call!! Looks like some organization starting to happen. Band looks to be repositioning and strengthening. Hopefully getting ready to get into the action.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good call!! Looks like some organization starting to happen. Band looks to be repositioning and strengthening. Hopefully getting ready to get into the action.

Thanks. Looks like a general 4-8" will fall tonight across I-81 from Pulaski to Adams and eastward through the Tug. At least I hope so because that's what I put in the forecast for the DOT. Not exactly sure how far north the band drifts tomorrow morning, but I'd guess Watertown would see an inch or two tomorrow morning. Still not confident Oswego/Fulton sees more than a few inches tomorrow/Friday night. 

That Erie band looks unimpressive on webcams even under the heaviest returns. Ontario looks to be a different story...

Not cold enough yet. Still mixing with sleet so doesn't appear to good on webcams. Already over an inch and tomorrow morning should bring another 3-5". Be cool to grab 6" out of this one.

If you look to Lake Michigan you will see what will be coming tomorrow morning. Better moisture and colder temps.

Not cold enough yet. Still mixing with sleet so doesn't appear to good on webcams. Already over an inch and tomorrow morning should bring another 3-5". Be cool to grab 6" out of this one.

If you look to Lake Michigan you will see what will be coming tomorrow morning. Better moisture and colder temps.

If last event is any indication you should get used to graupel with these 850 temps. Or at the very least poor flake growth with the DGZ barely involved (if at all).

On the bright side we still haven't had a major cold shot to kill the lake for later this month and February!

If last event is any indication you should get used to graupel with these 850 temps. Or at the very least poor flake growth with the DGZ barely involved (if at all).

On the bright side we still haven't had a major cold shot to kill the lake for later this month and February!

Yeah it's definitely affecting the accumulations with half sleet/snow. Visibility lowering at Hamburg. You never have to worry about that with Ontario, but Erie won't be freezing this year unless the PV makes a 3-4 week visit this winter.

bSzpKdd.jpg

Archived