• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Fall/Into Winter!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we have a lake effect snow warning for up to 3 feet of snow off of Ontario and nearly 1 1/2 feet off Erie in this what has been non existent winter and yet look how quiet it is around here. I live 500 miles away and I think I'm more pumped for you guys then you are for yourselves. Come on people lets get excited!

I'll believe it when I see it. :whistle:

Strong LES event forecasting is still developing, and too many local busts leave me dubious. Also, too many pieces of the puzzle seem way out at the end of their respective 'fits' required to produce a big event. Mostly, it's probably just that we're more used to it than you; LES is a lot more common an event than RI Nor'easters for instance.

My itch for snow has caused me to book a room from tonight until Sunday in Pulaski, NY. NWS has them down for 18-24" and I'd be thrilled if we saw half of that. I'll be leaving tonight right after work to take the 5 hour journey. Will update you guys when I arrive tonight probably sometime around midnight. I'll make sure to take lots of pics too

My itch for snow has caused me to book a room from tonight until Sunday in Pulaski, NY. NWS has them down for 18-24" and I'd be thrilled if we saw half of that. I'll be leaving tonight right after work to take the 5 hour journey. Will update you guys when I arrive tonight probably sometime around midnight. I'll make sure to take lots of pics too

That's cool, are you driving from BUF? i hope you not driving all the way from Rhode Island lol.. :popcorn:

You should just move back Devin, can't survive on 20" a year bro.

Twenty inches?!? That's like....ummm, October, dude. :lmao:

I suddenly understand your pain, snow shoveling is my 'winter workout' regime- one ton minimum, each week, December through March. Full Schwarzenegger usually hits in late February... 

So it looks like BUF recorded its first 0.1" of snow of the season? I guess congratulations are in order, though I was really hoping they'd be able to make it through to the next cold outbreak. If it turns out that all they get is 0.1", that will be a real bummer...

Yes, BUF measured .1 inch this evening. And that looks to be it for maybe the next week or more. Darn band drifted just far enough north for a short time to scrape out .1 inch. Let's see if we can top an inch before Jan 1. Might be tough..

Yes, BUF measured .1 inch this evening. And that looks to be it for maybe the next week or more. Darn band drifted just far enough north for a short time to scrape out .1 inch. Let's see if we can top an inch before Jan 1. Might be tough..

Yeah I am kind of bummed KBUF got .1, another week  to 10 days would have made the record nearly unbeatable.

Archived