• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Severe weather potential July 18-20

RyanDe680

The cluster of storms have a special weather statement on them. The downstream airmass is extremely unstable

those storms in northeast IN moving into northwest OH have had my interest for a couple of hours.    If they hold together they'll arrive right at the boiling point of this soup out here.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be even better if storm motion turns southeast.  Right now it's more easterly which means that storms would cross the boundary fairly quickly.

boundary looks to be accelerating it's push north the last few frames, so storms on the southern tail should have some time

The power is out and several trees are down in Sarnia, Ontario per Facebook friends. The squall line didn't and still doesn't seem too bad on radar, but I'm going to go outside in a couple minutes and move some hanging pots/take down the umbrella anyway. The storms are about 50 mins away from mby.

Sent from my GT-N8010

tor reported near harvard, il

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  225 PM CDT SAT JUL 18 2015     .TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON     .DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.                ..REMARKS..    0219 PM     TORNADO          3 NNE HARVARD           42.46N 88.60W   07/18/2015                   MCHENRY            IL   EMERGENCY MNGR                  SPOTTED NEAR ROUTE 14 AND OAK GROVE ROAD  

Archived