• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Discussion for April

Quincy

My point was that it's difficult to rush into the warm season here..especially with Nino and the propensity for troughing in the east.

I don't see a summer like pattern at all through Mid May. However, that doesn't mean a milder stretch can't occur.

So when do you see us breaking into at least normal temps or slightly AN..and out of the misery we are about to enter of 40's and 50's  dry , windy and 20's and 30's at night?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So when do you see us breaking into at least normal temps or slightly AN..and out of the misery we are about to enter of 40's and 50's  dry , windy and 20's and 30's at night?

Well it's not like it will be in the 40s and 50s with showers every day. Get some sun and it will easily be 55-65 depending on elevation. It's tough to say what the dailies are like in the longer range with a trough in the east because it's all about wind direction too. If it's onshore, we cold. NW winds can be quite nice, but then you also run the risk of self-destructive sun. Perhaps after next week it abates somewhat..but with troughing in the east..you run the risk of having either onshore flow, DSD, or self destructive sun days. All in all..seems like BN for awhile even with DSD (Downslope Dandy)days.

That's not what I said meat. My first sentence and your reply suggests you need to bone up on reading comprehension. 50s in April are fine.

Average high at ORH today is 57F. 10F in either direction is going to happen with pretty good frequency. Don't mind him.

He still struggles to learn our climo after over a decade on the forums.

Even I've lived here long enough to know it doesnt get consistantly nice until after Mother's Day. Even then, it can get chilly. Last year I had a high of 47 on May 28th sandwiched between a 74 and 65. 2014 I had mid 40's to mid 50's last week of April.

I do find it interesting that those that like and want 10' of snow and epic cold gripe and complain about lack of 60's-70's in late April. If you want that, the winter cant be epicosity. 60's-70 in late April to early May generally means a ratter of a winter just happened.

Cant have the cake and eat it too.

Even I've lived here long enough to know it doesnt get consistantly nice until after Mother's Day. Even then, it can get chilly. Last year I had a high of 47 on May 28th sandwiched between a 74 and 65. 2014 I had mid 40's to mid 50's last week of April.

I do find it interesting that those that like and want 10' of snow and epic cold gripe and complain about lack of 60's-70's in late April. If you want that, the winter cant be epicosity. 60's-70 in late April to early May generally means a ratter of a winter just happened.

You can...just not here, lol. Go out into the intermountain west somewhere...get 200-300" of snow in the winter and have warm springs (not without the occasional snowstorm to interrupt it though followed by 70F 2 days later)

Even I've lived here long enough to know it doesnt get consistantly nice until after Mother's Day. Even then, it can get chilly. Last year I had a high of 47 on May 28th sandwiched between a 74 and 65. 2014 I had mid 40's to mid 50's last week of April.

that's just completely wrong

You can have both and most springs offer plenty of nice wx. The cold springs in New

Eng are in the minority thankfully

Average highs don't break 60 for ORH/BOS until May (maybe last 3 days of April for BOS)...so if you are scoffing at highs in the 50s...or even 40s in April, then you need to either move, or learn climo and expect it.

May gets better, but it's still quite common to get highs in the 50s with a few 40s mixed in.

There's a reason that just about every weather-savvy person in New England talks about how miserable our springs often are.

you made the statement back it up meat

I generally agree with his "it doesn't get consistently nice until after mother's day" statement.

The statement itself is a bit subjective because "nice" is not bounded by numeric values. Some might consider a high of 60F really nice while others won't say it is nice until it is near 70F or higher. But most of our stretches of near 70F (or warmer) weather before Mothers Day are usually brief...less than a week. There are exceptions, but I wouldn't actually expect a nice stretch of week-long 70+ weather until mid-May or later in our area.

If I lived in Hartford, I might expect it a bit sooner.

I generally agree with his "it doesn't get consistently nice until after mother's day" statement.

The statement itself is a bit subjective because "nice" is not bounded by numeric values. Some might consider a high of 60F really nice while others won't say it is nice until it is near 70F or higher. But most of our stretches of near 70F (or warmer) weather before Mothers Day are usually brief...less than a week. There are exceptions, but I wouldn't actually expect a nice stretch of week-long 70+ weather until mid-May or later in our area.

If I lived in Hartford, I might expect it a bit sooner.

the statement was you can't have an epic winter and a warm spring, tell that to 58.93,94,11,13

Archived