joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/20-21 Potential Winter Storm

anthonyweather

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow total maps don't really reflect the radar reflectivity on the 00z nam, with those returns for several hours at that time I don't see how it's only printing out 1-3 for NYC and Long Island

Boundary layer temps. Surface temps stay above freezing the entire event duration in many places.

NAM is probably overdoing the dry air and eating up too much of the snow. At some point though, the dry air will win out and cut down snow totals north of the city. There might be a period of Virgo before snow hits the ground unless it comes in like a wall.

If there's any virga up here, we can kiss accumulations goodbye, we have about a 3-6 hr window up here've fire models have dry air shunting precip South and east

Im going 2-4 nyc to central jersey...4 for grass but tough to measure with constant melting...mt holly says snow will stick to all surfaces in morning to early afternoon but then only colder surfaces later

My call is 2-4" from 84 to southern rockland, southern rockland to Central Jersey including LI, 3-6 with a few Lollys of 4-7" mostly in Central Jersey, 1-2" anyone South of there, and 1-2" for anyone north of 84

Although out of range, both rap and HRRR have precip shield much further north than nam... As someone that is only gonna see a couple inches regardless of what model verifys I can say the nam seems wrong imo, completely

Un-biased opinion but, based off more than just the models including what we've seen as a seasonal trend, we have underestimated totals in and around the city and Jersey all year, myself included... City will see its 3-6" and if I'm wrong so be it

Archived