joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/20-21 Potential Winter Storm

anthonyweather

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lmao ok dude so that makes my 2-4" wrong and you saying 3-5" right?

Lmao stop being a weenie and nit picking me on an inch just cause you wanna high ball numbers... There's no 5" in nyc so my 2-4" call is more accurate thanks

5" would be medium to darker purple, saying 5" is just plain wrong

While any discussion of the specifics of colored blobs over a certain area tends to be silly, this would be correct. Taking the RGEM "as is" would be roughly 3" of snow in the NYC. In this case, there certainly won't be any great snow ratios that lead to more than the amounts shown. While more snow is of course possible (apart from the model output), you do have a point in that 3" over an area should not necessarily be stretched to "3-6" or so just because that's how it is usually rounded out. In this case, Upton's call of 4-6" on the map is overdone in my opinion.....it's another example of taking the higher potential snow number (4" or so), and adding on more to the end of it (4-6").....given their options of 2-3" and 3-4" also, I'm not sure why the higher amount would be chosen. It's happened numerous times this winter where those types of forecasts are made, and we verify with the bottom number or below the bottom number. Just a pet peeve of mine

Such a tool...not gonna argue with you cause I'm fairly certain you know how wrong you are on this point

You did the same thing last time. Tried to justify your 4"-6" call despite it verifying 6"-10".

This is the easiest forecast of the year.

3"-6".

You did the same thing last time. Tried to justify your 4"-6" call despite it verifying 6"-10".

This is the easiest forecast of the year.

3"-6".

I have been peacefully posting in a responsibly manner and you constantly look for fights... your wrong about the rgem printout plain and simple.. Learn math bro

God forbid I told everyone what the model showed verbatim instead of sugar coated weenie cast

What do you expect him to say? 1-3?... lol He needs to write a range...

I think Ulster's point is that if a model clearly shows 3" of snow.....saying 1-3" would hold the same weight as saying 3-6" of snow, and he is correct. While neither of those options are the best way to go (just my opinion) being that we're definitely, definitely not going 15:1 or anywhere near that.....the tendency is to overestimate snow amounts. 3-6" call based on model output of 3" is rarely questioned. 1-3" based on that same output would be thought of as underestimating

Lol this thread is insane. I hate to be "that guy", but seriously.....let's enjoy the snow that falls. It'll be gone within 24 hours of the storm's end anyway. I doubt we'll get 5-6" and I doubt we'll get 1-2".....3-4" give or take a little bit looks like a good call.....too much bickering. No ones going to lose out on tons of snow here

Archived