• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

Quoting Birds`69 a little earlier "Getting a nice steady downpour w/a refreshing wind from this little area. Dropped the temp a couple degrees..." Started just before 8pm and at 9:30pm still a few drops falling. About 0.35" of precip., temp. dropped 7 degrees, a couple of rumbles of thunder and lightning flashes. A little something.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted this elsewhere...

Funny story from today...

I am at work chatting with a co worker. We're talking about my wx enthusiasm since he follows me on Facebook. He goes on to say his brother-in-law is a wx nut too. I eventually ask him to text this guy and ask him if he posts on wx forums. 

Turns out he does, and he is none other than HM himself. 

Small world eh. 

I then went on to tell my coworker that his brother in law is like a small god to me. lol....

Posted this elsewhere...

Funny story from today...

I am at work chatting with a co worker. We're talking about my wx enthusiasm since he follows me on Facebook. He goes on to say his brother-in-law is a wx nut too. I eventually ask him to text this guy and ask him if he posts on wx forums. 

Turns out he does, and he is none other than HM himself. 

Small world eh. 

I then went on to tell my coworker that his brother in law is like a small god to me. lol....

Crazy story it's a small unpredictable world

Still at 33.2 here in NW Chesco with some frost.    Why does KYW 1060 routinely report the PHL airport temperature

way too low?   They are claiming the airport is at 28 while it looks like 39 to me.

I've always wondered what was up with that too... although they usually say "at the airport" but don't really tell you which one. ;)

Initially thought they (as in CBS3 that they use for meterologists and weather reports) were picking up PNE or KLOM, although neither went that low... at least that I could find reported.  Maybe they are reporting a dewpoint instead. :lmao:

As an OBS, I bottomed out about 37F but some of the low-lying/bottom of the hill areas within a mile or 2 (e.g., parts of Erdenheim and the woodsy areas of Wyndmoor) hit 32F/31F.  They will probably get a hard freeze by tomorrow morning if the forecasts hold and things decouple.

Wrapped my deck tomato in a frost blanket and it still succumbed thus hope a majority of the refugee stink bugs are dead, if not tonight will seal the deal. As an experiment have a late started plant in a 5 gallon container I brought inside to see how long I can extend the season, tomatoes on New Years?

Will have an eye to the skies today for a dark rogue cumulus from upstate dropping the first flake.

Why does KYW 1060 routinely report the PHL airport temperature

way too low?   They are claiming the airport is at 28 while it looks like 39 to me.

I heard that early this morning on my way into work. I called them to ask about it and they confirmed they are referencing PHL. The person I spoke to checked their screen and confirmed it was saying 28 degrees, which then they realized was wrong. I told them it was 39 degrees. They pull the observations from a Weather Underground database from what they told me, and the person said he would tell his supervisor so it can be looked into.

I heard that early this morning on my way into work. I called them to ask about it and they confirmed they are referencing PHL. The person I spoke to checked their screen and confirmed it was saying 28 degrees, which then they realized was wrong. I told them it was 39 degrees. They pull the observations from a Weather Underground database from what they told me, and the person said he would tell his supervisor so it can be looked into.

Thank goodness.  :clap:

Archived