joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/4 - 3/5 Post-Frontal Snow Chance

Capt. Adam

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get that but i would think they would add Manhattan to the warning. All of queens is in the warning and the northern most part of queens actually cuts through the bx into Washington heights. Thats why i find it odd

The axis of snow is southwest to northeast on the diagonal...as opposed to west to east.

Guest Pamela

9z SREF has .50- .75 for Manhattan north. .75-1.00QPF from Brooklyn south and more to the south

2uf4k1z.gif

This is north of the 3z SREF

Yes but that is 24 hour precip back from 0z Friday / 7 PM Thursday...which means it is inclusive of the period from 7 PM Wednesday through 7 PM Thursday....and most of the stuff that falls during the first 6 hours of that interlude would probably not be snow. 

Yes but that is 24 hour precip back from 0z Friday / 7 PM Thursday...which means it is inclusive of the period from 7 PM Wednesday through 7 PM Thursday....and most of the stuff that falls during the first 6 hours of that interlude would probably not be snow. 

It's still north of 3z

Guest Pamela

6Z RGEM still looks decent to me as far as the norther extent of the snow. Totals look too light in general though.

That it looks uniform across the area seems to hint to me that the sun may be factored in here...especially as one heads south...unless snow is falling pretty hard and the cloud deck is thick...snow might have trouble piling up between the hours of 10:30 AM & 1:30 PM Thursday. 

Archived