amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Late Weekend Storm Threat

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Globel warming increases snowfall since it increases the preciptable water in the atmosphere. So snowfall events are more intense it is a simple as that. As for the upcoming storm if the temperatures rise as fast as they did in NYC today to our south it will enhance the snowfall amounts beyond the models.

That means yearly rainfall would increase,which seems like it has

Globel warming increases snowfall since it increases the preciptable water in the atmosphere. So snowfall events are more intense it is a simple as that. As for the upcoming storm if the temperatures rise as fast as they did in NYC today to our south it will enhance the snowfall amounts beyond the models.

Wait, I thought snow was going to be a thing of the past? But don't you need COLD to have snow?

Wait, I thought snow was going to be a thing of the past? But don't you need COLD to have snow?

Long story short, he's talking how feedback processes can lead to relatively extreme bouts of cold while also increasing the intensity of global storms. But this is a discussion for another thread.

Shows you once we've had some snow people are no longer desperate

Tonight's Canadian run was pretty ugly. Snow misses to the north Saturday night into Sunday, and then it warms up for rain Sunday night into Monday. Hopefully GFS is correct with the colder solution, and hopefully Euro keeps showing a colder solution tonight. I actually am desperate for a significant event since I still haven't had a snow event of more than 5 inches so far this season. Huge difference in season snow totals between the suburbs just to the west of NYC, and NYC-east. Most of that due to the blizzard not making it west of NYC, obviously. So I'm rooting hard for this Sunday-Monday event.

Tonight's Canadian run was pretty ugly. Snow misses to the north Saturday night into Sunday, and then it warms up for rain Sunday night into Monday. Hopefully GFS is correct with the colder solution, and hopefully Euro keeps showing a colder solution tonight. I actually am desperate for a significant event since I still haven't had a snow event of more than 5 inches so far this season. Huge difference in season snow totals between the suburbs just to the west of NYC, and NYC-east. Most of that due to the blizzard not making it west of NYC, obviously. So I'm rooting hard for this Sunday-Monday event.

106 am and no pbp euro with a storm on the horizon?

Archived